92

Audrey's POV

"You ready Rugrat?" Christen asks as we walk into a building in LA.

"Mhmm." I say as we come to an escalator. "Here we go."

"What?" Christen says then I look down at Balto.

Balto looks at the escalator then he looks up at me. I then roll my eyes as I squat down.

"Hug Balto." I say and tap my chest.

Balto puts his front paws on my shoulders then I pick him up by his butt and stand up.

"You're lucky you're cute." I say then I kiss my dog's head.

"Aww." Christen says as we get on the escalator. "How cute."

"Cute for you." I say. "Balto's 45 pounds."

"But he's a cute 45 pounds." Christen says as she rub Balto's fur.

Balto smiles at Christen as we reach the top of the escalator so I get off when I can then I head to the press conference room.

When we get to the press conference room, I sit Balto down in the farthest right chair then I sit next to him while Christen sits in-between me and Vlatko.

"You're lucky you're cute." I whisper to Balto then he licks my face. "I love you too Balto."

"If everyone is ready, we'll start." The FIFA press lady says.

"Before we do can I say something?" I question.

"Of course." The FIFA press lady says so I nod then I take deep breath.

Under the table Christen grabs my hand then Balto rests his head on my shoulder and licks my face.

"I'm pretty sure everyone here saw what happened yesterday." I say and a few people nod at the mention of what I'm talking about.

Yesterday we had the afternoon and evening to ourselves to relax so I went with Christen, Tobin, Ash, Ali, Autumn, and Mama to meet Mom, Athena, and Chase for dinner. When we were walking to the dinner place a bunch of people mobbed us for pictures which freaked me out and caused me to have the second worst panic attack I've ever had. The only thing that stopped my panic attack was my Mom holding me while Daan calmed me down over the phone.

"I'm doing okay right now, but I'd very much appreciate it if there were no questions about the incident or my mental health in general." I say. "Thank you."

Once I've said what I needed to say the Journalist ask Vlatko and Christen a few questions then someone asks me a question.

"Audrey what do you put your impeccable scoring record down too?" A journalist asks.

I'm now on 87 goals in 74 caps.

I'm also leading the golden boot race, but Viv is very close behind me with six goals.

"Being in the right place at the right time." I say. "It also helps that Vlatko allows me to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes every game."

"Question pour Christen Press en français." A journalist says.

"We don't have a French Translator." One of the FIFA people say.

"It's okay." I say and look at the French journalist. "Je traduis. Aller de l'avant."

"Au cours du dernier match de groupe en Australie, il a été révélé par les commentateurs Fox que Audrey voulait battre le record international de but actuellement détenu par l'actuel entraîneur du Canada, Christine Sinclair. Est-ce que Christen croit Audrey peut battre ce record ou est trop loin d'une portée dans le jeu d'aujourd'hui?" The French journalists says.