29

Audrey's POV

"Thank you for coming." Erik Ustruck, the Pride GM, says then he points to Ash, Ali, Alex, and Syd. "Although I'm not sure why you four are here."

"Why did you call me down here?" I ask and ignore his question to my 'aunts'.

"You've been traded Audrey."

"WHAT." Ash, Ali, Alex, and Syd shout.

"I mean no disrespect to you four when I say this." I say and look at my 'aunts' then I look at the GM "But I score 20 goals, take this team from bottom of the league to first place, win league top scorer, win League MVP, and win an NWSL Championship in one season and you trade me?"

"Yep." The GM says with no emotion.

"Where did you trade me to and for what?"

"Louisville and for draft picks."

"Nope." I say and shake my head. "I'm not going there."

"Well you are."

"Well I'm not." I say then Ali and Alex squeeze my hands. "You have two options here."

"And what would that be?" The GM sarcastically says.

"One, you can call Louisville back and tell them the trade isn't gonna happen then you can trade me to a club of my choosing or, two, you can call Louisville back and tell them the trade isn't gonna happen then you can waive me so I can find a club on my own. Either way I will never play for this club again while you're here." I say then I stand up along with my aunts. "Decided quickly buddy boy otherwise this will be played out in public."

Myself, Ash, Ali, Alex, and Syd leave the GM's office then we head to the locker room to pack our shit up.

"Why do you all look like you wanna kill someone?" Shelina asks.

"Audrey's been traded." Syd angrily says.

"WHAT." The whole team yells.

"Fuck Ass GM." I mumble while packing my shit.

"Where are they sending you?" Alanna asks.

"Fucking Louisville." I say. "But I'm not going."

"What do you mean?" Sonnett asks then she looks at Ash, Ali, Alex, and Syd. "What does she mean?"

"Basically Audrey told them to call Louisville back and say the deal is off then they can either trade her to a place of her choosing or they can waive her." Ash says.

"Okay I mean this in the nicest way possible." Toni says. "But why didn't they just trade Alex to LA?"

"That woulda been the smart thing to do." Alex says.

"Why was she traded?" Shelina asks then everyone looks at me

"Yesterday I over heard him say I'm not pretty enough." I say and shrug.

"Oh I'm gonna fuck him up." Syd says.

"Don't." I say as I start packing up my stuff. "It's not worth it."

"Audrey he can't trade you just because he thinks that you aren't pretty enough." Ali says. "He's wrong by the way."

"Who cares?" I question. "He's got his mind set on me leaving so what good is it gonna do."

"Audrey you do know you're beautiful right?" Alex asks.

"At the moment not really." I admit causing everyone to get silent. "I score 20 goals, win the league golden boot, win League MVP, win an NWSL Championship, and win the NWSL Championship Game MVP and what do I get judged on? The fact that I'm not pretty enough so no Alex I don't think I'm pretty, beautiful, or gorgeous. Maybe I am just some ugly chick with a dick."

Once I've got all that off my chest I grab all of my things then I leave my empty locker and head out to my car.

When I get to my car I put my shit in the trunk then I get in the car, start it up, then grab my phone, open up twitter, and start typing a tweet.

As of about five minutes ago I have been traded and I am no longer a part of the Orlando Pride. I want to thank Orlando and all the Pride fans for being the best fans and making me feel apart of the club straight away. I want to thank my teammates for being so welcoming and helping me with anything I needed this past year. I wanna thank my Auntie Ashy, Auntie Ali, Auntie Alex, Auntie HAO, and Auntie Syd for being my rocks this season, being my shoulder to lean on, and loving me unconditionally. Finally I wanna say a big Fuck You to Erik Ustruck who traded me without my knowledge so fuck you dude and I hope you lose your job.

Once I'm done typing I press send then a few moments later my Mom calls.

"Hi Mom." I say.

"THEY DID WHAT?" My Mom yells.

"Yeah." I say. "They traded me...but I'm not going."

"What do you mean?" Mom asks then I explain everything to her. "So where are you going now?"

"Dumping my stuff off at my house then Ash and I are going to get tattoo's."

"How many are you getting any?" Mom questions.

"I'm getting two." I tentatively say causing Mom to laugh.

"You know I don't care that you're getting tattoo's Babygirl. As long as they mean something to you then get 'em."

"That's why I got your name on my wrist." I say with a smile.

"And that's also the same reason I have your name on my wrist."

"Mom..." I say as the realization of what just happened hits me

"Yeah baby?'

"Did I do something wrong to get traded?"

"Of course not." Mom says. "You've always been yourself and if some prick doesn't like who you are then fuck them."

"Mom he said I'm not pretty enough to be on the team."

"Sweetie am I on speaker?" Mom asks so I put her on speaker.

"You are now." I confirm.

"Good. Now go to your Instagram page. Mom says so I do. "And now go to your last picture."

"I'm there." I say as I look at my last my picture.

My last picture on Instagram is basically a thirst trap. It's me after a heavy workout and I'm only wearing a sports bra and shorts and I'm also sweating. You can also very clearly see my third leg.

"Read the first comment." Mom says.

"Someone commented 'if you need a place to park that thang my legs are open'." I say.

"I didn't mean out loud babygirl." Mom says.

"Oh." I say then my Mom and I laugh.

"Who the hell commented that?" Mom questions.

"Some fan account."

"Wow." Mom says. "Anyways, do you see what I'm getting at?"

"Uh not really?"

"Audrey if you ever feel bad about the way you look then just look at the comment section on your posts or go on tumblr and see all the posts about you."

"I don't know if that'll always help." I admit.

"And on those days you just need to remember that as long as you love the way you look then that's all that matters." Mom says. "Sweetie that GM is just trying to justify the trade to himself so he can not look like an idiot."

"What if I don't love the way I look?" I question.

"Then that's just something we need to work on." Mom says. "So everyday from know on I will tell you that you are the most beautiful girl I know."

"You're my Mom." I say. "You have to think that."

"When have you known me to lie to you Audrey?" Mom questions.

"Never." I mumble.

"Exactly."

"Thanks Mom."

"No Problem babygirl." Mom says making me smile. "Now go have fun with Ash getting tattoo's."