20

Audrey's POV

"Great job today ladies." Vlatko says as we all sit in the meeting room at the Olympic Village.

Our first two games were the only games that weren't going to be near Tokyo so we're now staying in the Olympic Village and Kelley is my roommate.

We were the first game today and we beat Cameroon 3-0 with Christen getting all three goals.

For the second straight game in a row I didn't play at all.

"You girls are free to go, but you have to be back by 11 pm." Vlatko says then he and the coaching staff leave.

"Bye." I say and grab my stuff then start to leave the room

"Woah Little Solo." Tobin says and wraps me in her arms.

"Where are you going?" Kelley asks.

"One of my friends from college is playing with Team USA in the gold medal match of the softball competition so I'm watching that. After that her and I are gonna go watch Maya play against Canada in basketball" I say. "And I really need to leave now."

"Text us when you get there." Alyssa says.

"K. Bye." I say then I run out of the room and out of the Team USA Dorms.

Once outside of the door I get in one of the rentals we have then drive over to the softball stadium.

45 minutes later I arrive at the softball stadium so I park, put on my Sis Bates Jersey that I borrowed from her closet at our place in Seattle, then I head inside to the friends and family section where Sis' parents are waiting

"Hey Audrey." Sis' mom says and hugs me.

"Hi Mrs. Bates." I say then I hug the rest of the Bates'. "So how's she doing?"

"She's coming up to bat right now." Sis' Dad says so I turn around and watch one of my best friends hit.

The first pitch Sis gets is right in her wheel house so she swings and drives the ball out of the park putting Team USA 1-0 over Japan in the bottom of the 3rd inning.

"GO SIS." I shout as my friend crosses home plate then her teammates immediately engulf her in a hug.

Sis looks up towards her family and I then she waves before she returns to the dugout.

The next four innings go by very fast and when the American pitcher strikes out the last Japanese batter everyone loses their shit.

Sis' homerun was the lone run of the game so needless to say she was the most sought after woman by her teammates to hug.

After the medal Ceremony I approach the net so I can talk to Sis once her parents are done.

"Look at you scoring the winning run." I say.

"I can't believe that just happened." Sis says.

"Do you still wanna go to Maya's game?" I question.

"Can we make it?"

"Yeah we can make it."

"LET'S GO SIS." One of the softball ladies say

"You go celebrate and I'll wait in the parking lot for you." I say. "I'm in the Red Nissan Maxima."

Sis nods then she heads with her team to the tunnel while I head back to my car. Once in the car I change Jersey's from Sis' softball jersey to Maya's purple UW basketball jersey watch the Sweden v Brazil game.

Near the end of the game Sis taps on the passenger window so I let her in, hug her, congratulate her again, then we head to the basketball arena.

"Are you guys not celebrating your gold medal?" I question as we pull onto some Japanese Highway.