68

Audrey's POV

"Lay down Bubba." Daan says then Balto lays down next to us.

"Good boy." I say as Daan sits in my lap.

"You two ready to start with the questions for the magazine?" Michelle, the interviewer, asks as she sits across from me and Daan.

Last year during all that stuff that happened with my kidnapper, I got started designing clothes again, which I hadn't done since before I was kidnapped in 2018. I showed the designs to some of my aunts, Mom, and Daan and they all said that I should start my own fashion company so I did.

Today, Daan and I are doing an interview with Out magazine then my girlfriend and I, along with some of our arsenal teammates, are doing a photoshoot for the first line of my clothing company.

"Yep." I say

"So Audrey." Michelle says. "Why is your fashion company called Solace?"

"The word Solace means comfort or consolation in a time of distress or sadness and when I first thought of starting a fashion company was when I was being held captive for 132 days. Then last year when I was having a couple break downs everyday because of my captor escaping and all that stuff, I took comfort in designing the first line of clothing that is being released. I also found comfort in my dog Balto and my girlfriend's arms as she held me everytime I had a break down so for those reasons I named the company Solace."

"Seems like your girlfriend's an integral part of not only this clothing line, but your whole life."

"She is." I say and smile at my girlfriend. "I wouldn't be here with out her."

Balto then suddenly barks at me.

"I wouldn't be here without you either Balto." I say and scratch Balto's head then Balto rests his head on my foot.

Michelle asks a few more questions about my brand then she moves on to the questions about Daan and I, our sexuality, and things like that.

"Audrey how did you come out to your mom?"

"Mine was kinda funny." I admit. "I told my Aunt Ashlyn Harris in 2011 and she was happy for me then she went out and bought me a whole rainbow outfit and told me to wear it a dinner so I did. Mom looked at me in a very confused manner when I walked in the room then she pointed at me and said you too. I nodded then Mom and I high-fived, but once we were alone at night Mom told me she was proud of me and happy that I could be the authentic me."

"Is that the first time you knew about your Mom's sexuality?"

"No I've always known my Mom was Bisexual." I admit.

"What about you Daniëlle?" Michelle asks. "Do you have a coming out story?"

"Not really." Daan says. "I've always been unapologetically myself so I've never been closeted." 

"Daniëlle, how do handle the fact that Audrey wasn't born the same as you and how did you come to accept Audrey?" Michelle asks.

"Audrey's more than just a woman who was born different." Daan says. "Her condition doesn't define her and I knew that the moment I met her. She's the perfect girlfriend and I'm very lucky that she's my girlfriend."

"AUDI WE'RE HERE." Katie shouts.

"We can continue this later." Michelle says.

Daan and I nod then we get out of our seat and approach our teammates.

Steph, Tierna, Jessie, Katie, Leah, Jordan, Lisa, and Viv volunteered to model stuff with Daan and I.

"This stuff is sick." Leah says as they look over all the clothes.

"You designed all of this?" Tierna asks.

"Yeah." I say. "I had a lot of time on my hand the last 8 months."

"Who's wearing what?" Viv asks.

I dish out what I want everyone to where from the first drop of my clothing brand.

The first drop of Solace is the Hope line and the colors of the line are red, white, and black.

Once I've dished out everything, we all go change then I style the outfits how I want them to look before we get to shooting.

Over the next hour we take thousands of photo's of the 10 of us in the different outfits.

"Are we almost done?" I ask as I hug my girlfriend from behind.

Daan helped me make up the list of what needed to be photographed for the first drop.

"Yeah." Daan says. "We're done."

"Thank fuck." I say. "Since Michelle had to leave can we go eat now?"

"Yes Audi." Daan says and chuckles. "We can go eat.

"Food?" Katie asks.

"Pizza at our place?" I say and look at Daan.

Daan nods so everyone grabs their things, heads to their cars, then everyone heads to Daan and I's home.

When we get to my apartment building we park in the underground garage then head up to my penthouse. Once in my place I head to my bedroom and shower while Daan orders the pizza.

After I've showered I put on my necklaces then I put my earrings and nose ring in before I put on my comfortable clothing. Once I'm dressed I head to the kitchen, grab some food for Balto, feed Balto, then I wait for the pizza with the rest of the girls while Daan showers.

"Audrey how many more line's do you have ready for Solace?" Jessie asks.

"Two more." I say. "Right now I just need to narrow down the color scheme for them then I can put color to my designs."

"Well if they're anything like the Hope line then I'll be buying everything." Leah says as the doorbell rings.

"I got it." Daan says as she passes through.

I hand my girlfriend the money then I stare at her butt as she walks out of the room.

"Stop looking at your girlfriend's butt and answer your phone." Lisa says

I check my phone and see it buzzing a lot, but one message stands out in particular

Kelley: You need to call your Mom ASAP

"Excuse me." I say then I get off the couch and head to my room with Balto following me

Once Balto and I are in my room I lock the door then I get on the bed and call my Mom.

"Mom?" I question when I hear my Mom crying after she's picked up the phone. "Mom what's wrong?"