51

Audrey's POV

"Balto Come." I say then my new puppy comes running over. "Up."

I pat my lap then Balto jumps into my lap.

"Good boy." I say and scratch behind my emotional support dog's ears.

After I learned that the only alive person who kidnapped me escaped prison I started to develop a lot of mental health issues.

Mom and Daan think I repressed a lot of memories of my kidnapping and being told my kidnappers out in the world brought them back up from the place I buried them.

My mental health issues got so bad that Daan and I had to cancel our holiday in Dubai and before we reported back for pre-season the two of us went to a few doctors and they all said that besides medicine I should look into getting an Emotional support animal. I debated on whether or not to do that, but after the worst panic attack I've ever had I decided to get an ESA which is how Balto came around.

Technically Balto is an Emotional support dog, but he's basically a Service dog.

"Balto's so cute." Leah says and scratches my dog's chin.

"Yeah...He really is." I mumble then look at my dog.

"What's on your mind Audrey?" Jordan asks causing the whole meeting room to get quiet

We're in our hotel in Portland and we're chilling before our friendly against the Thorns which is in two hours.

"I just wanna thank all of you." I say and look at my teammates. "You guys have made me feel really safe and loved ever since I told you what I've been going through. I also want to thank you for letting me bring Balto to games, trainings, and anything else we do."

"Well your welcome." Lisa says.

"We've all got our issue's Audrey." Emma says knowingly. "But always remember that everyone is here for you if you ever need to talk."

"Or if you wanna go shopping and forget everything for awhile we can do that too." Leah says causing everyone to laugh.

"Thanks." I say with a smile.

"And since Balto is going to be with us from now on we thought he should have some things." Jordan says then she hands me a gift sack.

I take the gift sack and remove the paper then I laugh seeing what the girls bought Balto.

"What is it?" Daan asks.

"The girls got Balto an Arsenal lead." I say and take the red dog lead out of the bag.

"Cute."

"They got him some toys." I say then pass the 3 pack of red white and blue small footballs to my girlfriend.

When Balto see's the toys he barks.

"Looks like he loves them." Viv says.

"And lastly." I say and take out the four baby kits. "I'm guessing these are for Balto to wear?"