7

Audrey's POV

"Hey Munchkin." Ash says when I get in her car.

"Hi Ashy." I say and kiss her cheek then I kiss Ali's cheek. "Hi Ali. Thanks for the ride"

"Hey Audi." Ali says with a smile. "How are you liking Orlando so far?"

"It's been nice." I say as Ash drives to the training ground. "Mom and I finished furnishing my apartment a few days ago so it's starting to feel more homey."

"That's good." Ash says. "You ready to meet the girls?"

"I think so." I say.

"Something on your mind?"

"Are they gonna be okay with me?" I question. "You know since I'm born different."

"Sweetie." Ali says then she turns around and looks at me. "They won't care that you don't have the same parts as them. All they care about is what kind of person you are."

"But if they are mean to you." Ash says. "Syd and I will kick their ass."

"Do they think I'm uppity for missing most of pre-season?"

"No." Ali says and shakes her head. "HAO told them you were in Seattle doing those tests while working on your game."

Just like in High school and college, the NWSL tested me to see if i'm actually a woman and what do you know I am a woman

I understand why they do it, but it's still fucking annoying.

"I hated those tests." I say.

"What'd they do?"

"A lot of bloodwork then a lot of meetings with I think 7 different types of doctors."

"Blech." Ash says as we pull up to the new Pride Training facility.

Ash parks in the captains parking space then we all get out, grab our bags, and head into the Training facility. Once in the training facility Ash takes me to the HAO's office while Ali takes our stuff to the locker room.

"Theres my niece." HAO says with a smile then she hugs me. "Hi Audrey."

"Hi HAO." I say and hug my now head coach.

"I'm guessing you found the facility okay?"

"Ash drove me." I say.

"Awesome." HAO Says. "Why don't you go meet the girls then get dressed for training and I'll meet you on the pitch."

"Sounds good." I say then I follow Ash.

Ash leads me through the training facility and shows me where everything is in the training Facility then she takes me to our changing room.

"Finally." Syd says then she hugs me. "I missed you."

"I missed you to Aunt Syd." I say then syd leads me to her locker.

"Looks like we're locker neighbors." Syd says then she points to my locker.

"Cool." I mumble as I look over my locker.

"Well Munchkin." Ash says and wraps an arm around me. "Lemme introduce you to some people."

Ash then introduces me to some of the girls until we come to the locker next to Ali's.

"This is Marta." Ash says then the Brazilian holds her hand out to me.

"Oi, eu sou Audrey Solo. É um prazer conhecer você." I say and shake her hand. (Hi, I'm Audrey Solo. It's a pleasure to meet you.)

"Você fala português?" Marta questions and I nod.(You speak Portuguese?)

"When did you learn Portuguese?" Syd questions.

"When I was a kid." I admit. "We spent every March there for the Algarve Cup and I was bored a lot so Mom bought me a Portuguese language book and I taught myself."

"Damn."

"How many languages do you know?" Ali asks.

"Besides English I'm fluent in Portuguese, Japanese, Dutch, and French."

"When did you have time to learn all of that?" Ash asks.

"Portuguese and Dutch I taught my self as I child because I had a lot of down time, Japanese I learned in High school, and French I learned in college."

"Where did you go to school and what degree did you do?" Rachel Hill asks.

"I graduated as the Valedictorian of my class from the University of Washington with a degree in Astronomy."

"Smarty pants." Syd teases.

Ash finishes introducing me to everyone then I grab my training gear and change in a stall in the bathroom. After I'm changed I put my clothes in my locker before I head out to the training pitch with the team then we start training.

2 hours later training ends so we all head to locker room to shower.

I wait for everyone to finish showering then I take a quick shower. After I'm clean and sweet smelling I put on my clothes then I pack my bag.

"Ready to go munchkin?" Ash asks and I nod then grab my bag and follow the married couple out to their car.

Once at the car I put all of our bags in the back then I get in the car so Ash can take me back to my place.

When we get to my apartment complex I thank my Aunts for driving me then I get my stuff and head up to my apartment. Once in my apartment I put my stuff away then head to the kitchen to find a drink.

As I'm looking for a drink I get a FaceTime so I answer it.

"Hey Sofia." I say into the phone.

"Hey Audrey." Sofia, says. "How's Orlando?"

"It's good." I say. "Don't have many friends yet so I mainly just stay in my apartment. How are you?"

"Missing my dick appointment." Sofia says and pouts.

Sofia and I met at UW and up until last week we had a friends with benefits relationship which started after Maya and I broke up.

"Well you could always fly to Orlando." I say.

"Are you paying?" Sofia questions.

"Sorry Boo." I say. "I'm not getting paid that much."

"At least you're getting paid."

"Sofia you're a model now. I think you're getting paid more than me."

"The money hasn't hit my back account yet."

"Well we play in Seattle in two weeks so maybe we can pencil in an appointment for you."

"Can I come see your game?" Sofia asks.

"Of course." I say. "Then maybe you and I can go to dinner before your appointment."

"It's a date." Sofia says and smiles.

"Sweet." I say and smile. "I gotta go work out so I'll talk to you later Sofia."

"Alrighty." Sofia says then she blows me a kiss through the phone. "Bye Audrey."

"Bye Sofia." I say then smile. "See you in two weeks."