73

Audrey's POV

"So why are we playing Australia in France?" I ask as we pull up to Stade Pierre-Mauroy in Lille, France.

"Australia was gonna play France too so the coach's decided to just have us play them here." Moe says.

"Oh." I say as a paper is handed to me.

"Here Audi." Mal says and hands me the line up so I look it over as the bus pulls up to our stop.

1-Audrey Solo
5-Kelley O'Hara
22-Emily Sonnett
4-Alana Cook
12-Tierna Davidson
8-Julie Ertz(C)
9-Kristie Mewis
3-Sam Mewis
11-Mal Pugh
15-Sophia Smith
23-Christen Press

Once the bus stops, Balto and I get out of our seats, leave the bus, and head to the locker room

When I get to the locker room I head to my locker then take off my necklaces, earrings, and nose ring before I start to change I then change into my warm up shirt, game shorts, my socks and my rainbow and white boots.

After I'm dressed I head out to the pitch with the rest of the team. When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my green keeper jersey. After I'm dressed I let the trainers give me a pain killer shot then Ash wraps my hands while the coaching staff do their last minute talks. When the talks end, the starters and I head to the tunnel and I line up behind Julie.

While we're waiting for the game to start I lean forward and wrap my arms around Julie.

"You'll be fine." Julie whispers. "I'm right in front of you if you need me."

"Thank you." I say.

When the ref tells us too we head onto the field then stand in line for the anthems. After the anthems we shake hands with the Australians then we shake hands with the refs.

After we finish shaking hands we take our starting XI line up photo.

"Sit Balto." I say to my dog, who's wearing my jersey.

Balto does as told and sits down next to Mal while I stand behind him for the picture.

Once the picture is taken, Balto and I head to the team huddle.

After the team huddle I lead Balto to the bench.

"Alright Balto." I say as we get to the end of the bench. "You stay here okay?"

Balto barks at me so I pet him one more time then I head over to Ash.

"Be safe my child." Ash says then she hugs me.

"I don't know how Ali puts up with you." I tease then both of us laugh.

"She's a dork." Ali says as she hands me Ash's old towel. "But she's my dork who I love."

"AWW." Kelley shouts.

"And that's the dork my Mom loves." I mumble then Ash holds my face.

"You did this before and you killed it so keep trusting your instincts and you'll do great." Ash says.

I nod and grab a water bottle then I head to the goal. When I get to the goal I hang the towel up on the net then lay the water bottle outside of the net. Once I'm all set up I look down at my Mom's old gloves then I kiss the stitching on the cuffs that says SOLO before I turn around and get ready for kick off which happens moments later.