65

Audrey's POV

"You ready to go Rugrat?" Christen asks as I finish dressing in the bathroom.

"Yeah." I say as I put on my shirt.

Once I'm dressed I walk back into Christen and I's shared room.

"Are you sure it's okay for Daan to come with us?" I ask as I sit on my bed.

"Of course it is Audrey." Christen says. "We all know what being back here means to you."

Today's our off day before the last game of SheBelieves and we're in Miami. Tonight we're going to the USA v Japan World Baseball Classic Final game at Marlins Park, but before that my teammates and I are spending the day at the beach.

This is also the first time I've been in Miami since I was released from captivity back in 2018.

"Yeah." I say then Balto immediately jumps on my lap and starts to lick me face. "Easy boy."

I pick Balto up from my lap and set him on the floor then I clip his lead onto his collar.

Once Balto is leashed up I grab my stuff then Christen an I head down to the lobby.

"Hey Munchkin." Ash says then she and Ali hug me.

"Hi." I say then I see my girlfriend walk into our hotel so I let go of Balto's lead. "Find Mommy Balto."

Balto immediately sprints towards the door and sits at Daan's feet.

"Hi Balto." Daan says and smiles at our Husky.

Daan scratches Balto's head a few times then she grabs his lead before the two of them walk over to me.

"Hi Audi." Daan says then she pecks my lips.

"Hi." I say and smile at the most beautiful women in the world.

"Cars are here." Emily says then everyone heads outside to the rentals.

I get into the car with Tobin, Christen, Daan, Balto, Lindsey, and Emily then Tobin drives us to the beach.

While we're driving I take out my phone, go to Instagram, then put up a story that has one of those ask me question things because I know I'll need a distraction sooner or later.

After everyone pulls up to the Beach parking lot, we get out of our cars then head to the trunk to get our stuff.

As I get my stuff I look up and see a building I never wanted to see again in my life.

"Audrey what's wrong?" Daan asks.

I wordlessly walk away from everybody, cross the street, walk to the building, then stand in front of the front door while I grab the correct key. Once I have the right key I open the door then walk into the house I spent 132 days locked up in.

"Audrey?" I hear Sam say behind me as I also hear a bunch of feet stop moving.

I ignore Sam as I walk up the stairs, go to the end of the hall, then I open the last door on the left and stare into the room.

As I'm staring I hear a bunch of feet coming up the stairs then I feel Balto paw at my foot. A couple seconds later Daan comes over and rubs my back while everyone waits for me to speak.

"Welcome to hell." I say as I stare at the spot I was chained up to for hours on end.

"Is..." Christen says, but she stops talking when I walk into the room.

Once in the room I stand over the spot I was in while everyone files into the rooms

"This is where I was chained up." I say. "And Maya was right next to me."