64

Audrey's POV

"You know." Daan says as we walk towards the pitch to resume the second half. "I prefer seeing you in a red jersey."

We're playing the Dutch today in our second game of SheBelieves and this round of games are taking place at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte.

"I prefer seeing you without a jersey." I say with a smirk.

"Audi." Daan says while blushing.

"Good luck Princess." I say as we get to the pitch

"Good luck Audi." Daan says with a smirk. "You're gonna need it."

My girlfriend and I split up and I jog to my position on the right wing then a couple seconds later Alex kicks off the second half.

The first 12 or so minutes of the second half are a bit boring for me since nothing happens on my side of the field.

In the 58th minute Christen pulls a Christen and beats three Dutch players then Bloodworth clears the ball out for a corner.

Christen runs over to take the corner while I get in the box and wait for Christen to take the corner. A couple seconds later the whistle blows so Christen does her little run up then she floats the ball into the box. I get a running start then I out jump Viv, get my head on the ball, and send it towards goal. I then watch as the ball goes past the outstretched glove of Lize Kop making the score 1-0.

Once the ball hits the back of the net I kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name on my wrist as I run over and hug Christen.

"Nice header Rugrat." Tobin says.

"Thanks Chrissy." I say then I hug my other teammates before we walk up field.

As we're walking up field I try to catch my breath, but nothing's working so I grab Christen's wrist

"What's wrong?" Christen asks.

"Need sub." I quickly say.

"VLATKO." Christen yells as we walk towards the bench.

Vlatko looks at us then Christen makes the sub sign and points at me. Vlatko nods then he calls Tobin down to him as I get to the sideline. Once at the sideline, Balto and one of the trainers meet me and take me from Christen.

"Let's get you to the training room." Jeff, one of our AT's says.

I nod then take my inhaler from Jeff and use it try and alleviate my lungs.

Once in the locker room I sit on the trainer tables while Jeff makes a quick cup of coffee for me.

Weirdly, by drinking coffee I get my breath back a lot easier.

There's some scientific reason for it, but I don't really care to know why as long as it helps.

"Here ya go." Jeff says and hands me the coffee.

I spend a considerable amount of time drinking the coffee until I get my breath back.

"I fucking hate Asthma." I say.

"I know." Jeff says then he checks his watch. "There's a couple minutes left so you wanna go back to the bench or stay here?"

"I may just get my shower now." I say.

Jeff nods then he heads back to the field while I strip and take a shower.

Midway through my shower I hear the team come in so I know the games over.

After my shower I dry off, brush my teeth to get the coffee off my breath, put my necklaces on then put my earrings and nose ring in before I put my clothes on. Once I'm dressed I pack my bag then pet Balto until the bus is open.