10

Audrey's POV

"Mom I just pulled up to the stadium." I say as I park my car.

"Alright babygirl." Mom says. "I'll talk to you after your game."

"Alright." I say. "Hopefully we're still in first by the time the game ends."

We play the Thorns the game and it's a 1 v 2 battle. We, the Pride, are in first place and we're a point ahead of the Thorns.

"You will be." Mom says. "I believe in you."

"Thanks Mom." I say with a smile. " I love you."

"I love you babygirl." Mom says then we hang up.

Once I hang up with my Mom I grab my stuff then start walking towards the stairs that lead to the players entrance.

"Audrey what are you wearing?" Alex asks as she and the other's look at my clothes I wore for 90s night.

"I was 2 in the 90's so I thought a onesie was appropriate

"I was 2 in the 90's so I thought a onesie was appropriate." I say

"Well ya look cute." Ali says and pinches my cheeks then we head to the locker room.

When I get to the locker room I head to my locker then take off my necklaces, earrings, and nose ring before I start to change I then change into my warm up shirt, game shorts, my socks and my rainbow and white boots.

Once I'm dressed for warm ups I check the line up one last time to make sure I'm on it.

24-Ashlyn Harris(C)
11-Ali Krieger
14-Alanna Kennedy
4-Shelina Zadorsky
16-Carson Pickett
17-Dani Weatherholt
5-Emily van Egmond
10-Marta
15-Rachel Hill
1-Audrey Solo
7-Claire Emslie

After I check the line up I head out to the pitch with the rest of the team. When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then head back to the locker room. Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into our Purple jersey. After I'm dressed I wait around in my locker as the coaching staff do their last minute talks then the starters and I head to the tunnel and I line up behind Ash. A minute later we walk out onto the pitch, stand for a bit, shake hands with the Thorns, then I head to the center circle to do the kick off.

A moment later the ref blows her whistle so I kickoff the game.

In the 5th minute Alanna receives the ball from Ash after a goal kick then the Australian looks up field to find a pass. As Alanna looks up I spin away from Becky and start running into the massive amounts of open space, but the pass never comes. Instead Alanna passes to a double teamed Marta which results in Sinclair stealing the ball. The Canadian then passes the ball to Raso who then blasts the ball past Ash making the score 1-0.

"ALANNA." I yell getting everyone of my teammates attention. "PASS THE FUCKING BALL."

Some of the girls look at me in shock, but I just grab the ball, put it in the center circle, then restart the game.

The rest of the first half goes okay for us and luckily the score remains the same when the halftime whistle blows.

After the ref blows for halftime I run over to Alanna.

"Alanna." I say then I grab the Australian's arm and get her attention. "I don't give a fuck that we use to fuck and you broke it off to go back to your shitty ex...But if you don't pass me the fucking ball when I'm wide open we're gonna have a huge fucking issue."

"Whatever." Alanna says then she pulls her arm away from me

"Grow up or go sit on the bench." I say then I walk into the tunnel and head for the locker room.

Once in the locker HAO does her halftime speech then we rest for the rest of halftime.

After halftime ends we head back out to the pitch, head to our positions, then Portland restart the game.

In the 53rd minute we get a goal kick so Ash plays it to Shelina who then plays it to Carson. Carson plays the ball upfield to Marta who plays a 1-2 pass with Emily then she heads up field while us attackers head towards the box. When Marta crosses half field she see's me running towards the box so she plays a long ball over to me. I let the ball drop right in front of me then I rifle the ball into the upper 90 which levels the score at one all.

When the ball hits the net I run up and grab it then I take it back upfield so we can try and get another goal quickly

In the 80th minute the ball goes out of play then the whistle blows so I look and see the ref pointing to the sub board. On the sub board is the number 1 in red and the number 13 in green.

"Oh that's me." I mumble then I jog over to Alex as the fans start cheering.

I'm guessing 1% of the cheering is for me and 99% is for Alex since this will be her first time back on the field since giving birth.

Once I get to Alex I hug her then head to the bench and sit down and watch Alex run around.

A couple minutes later the Thorns turn the ball over to Dani who plays a through ball to Alex. Alex gets onto the ball around the 18 yard box then she takes a pot shot that floats over AD and goes in which puts us 2-1 up.

When the ball hits the back of the net Alex comes running over to the bench then all the Orlando players hug her. After our group hug the Thorns restart the game, but nothing happens so when the full time whistle blows we all celebrate the three points and the fact we're still in first place.

When the celebrations end everyone walks around the stadium to sign stuff then I head to the locker room to shower. After my shower I dry off, put my necklaces on then put my earrings and nose ring in before I put my onesie back on. Once I'm dressed I pack my bag, grab my things then head out to meet my guests.

"You guys ready to go?" I ask when I see Tobin and Lindsey.

The two Thorns nod so we head to my car.

"So Audrey." Lindsey says as we arrive at my car. "You ready to go up against North Carolina next week?"