22

Audrey's POV

"I didn't come here to lose to Sweden." Kelley says as her and I walk into the stadium.

Today's the semi-finals of the Olympics and we play Sweden. The other semi-final match is Canada v Team GB.

"Good to know." I say as we approach the locker room.

When I get to the locker room I head to my locker then take off my necklaces, earrings, and nose ring before I start to change I then change into my warm up shirt, game shorts, my socks and my rainbow and white boots.

After I'm dressed I head out to the pitch with the rest of the team. When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into our white jersey. After I'm dressed I wait around in my locker as the coaching staff do their last minute talks then the subs and I head to the bench.

When we get to te bench everyone waits around while the prematch stuff happens then we sit down and watch the game.

"Come on." Carli says in the second half of the game. "Let's go warm up."

"Did I miss the whole first half?" I question as I follow her down the field.

"Yeah." Carli says as we start our warm ups. "You tuned out the game."

"Oops."

"YOU'RE A COWARD...YOU'RE A COWARD...YOU'RE A COWARD...YOU'RE A COWARD" The Sweden fans chant.

"I thought they were better than this." I say.

"Audrey." Carli says and stops me. "I know your pissed, but I need you to embarrass them on the pitch and not embarrass yourself off the pitch."

"Honestly no promises."

Carli sighs and shakes her head.

"You really are your mother's daughter."

"Yep."

"SOLO." Vlatko yells so I turn my attention toward him.

Vlatko motions me over so I jog over to him. Vlatko then talks to me about who I'm going in for, but I don't pay attention to what's being said. I pay attention to the stadium and notice we are shooting towards the Swedish fans.

"We need a goal." Vlatko says making me look at him. "I don't want this game going into extra time."

As Rose runs over to me I hear something that makes my blood boil.

"DON'T FUCK UP DYKE." Someone yells.

I go to turn around to see who it is, but I'm stopped.

"Nope." Carli says then she and Vlatko turn me around. "Shut him up out there"

"You're on." Vlatko says.

As Rose gets to me she hugs me then I run on and look up at the scoreboard. It's the 81st minute and it's tied 0-0.

Time to change that.

6 minutes later Kelley steals the ball from some Swedish attacker and boots it up field. I chase the ball down and body Sembrant off the ball then race towards goal. As I run towards goal I look up and see nobody near me so I put my head down and kick it into over drive. When I get into the penalty box the keeper comes out so I hit it low and hard and the ball zips through the keepers legs and into the back of the net.

Once the ball hits the back of the net I kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name on my wrist then I take off towards the Swedish fan and take off my jersey. When I get right in front of the Swedish fans I hold out my jersey so my name and number is facing them which earns quite a few boo's and a couple middle fingers being shown my way.