74

Audrey's POV

"So how ya been Audrey?" Kelley asks as she, Mom, and I sip our coffee's while overlooking LA from Mom's house.

"I'm doing fine." I say. "Season didn't end how I wanted, but we qualified for Champions League so I don't care."

We really don't need to talk about the end of the club season after the April friendlies.

All I'll say is I was ruled out for the rest of the season with my concussion, we didn't win any silverware, and Jill Ellis has just been announced as the new manager of Arsenal

Fuck my life.

"And how's Daan?" Mom asks.

"I wouldn't know." I say as Balto lays at my feet after he's had his breakfast.

"What do you mean?" Mom asks.

"The day before I came back to America we had a fight and we haven't spoke in three days."

"What was the fight about?"

"After our Champions league game against Lyon I told Ada about everything that's had been going on with Joe and I told her that if it wasn't fixed then I'd be leaving." I say. "i guess Ada told Andrine about this then they told their clubs because a week later Daan and I both had calls from Juventus and Lyon about us joining them."

"So why'd you fight?" Kelley asks.

"Daan was mad because I didn't talk to her about moving clubs first then everything spiraled downwards from there."

"Well I'm sorry." Mom says. "Maybe this 9 weeks away from each other will help you two."

"Maybe." I mumble then I sip on my second coffee of the day.

As I'm drinking my coffee I see Kelley and Mom look at each other then they look at me.

"What?" I question.

"Audrey we need to tell you something." Mom says.

"Okay?"

"After SheBelieves my team went to a local children's home to hang out for the day and your Mom came with me." Kelley says.

"Okay?" I say.

"And while we were there." Mom says. "Kelley and I got really attached two 14 year old twins...a boy named Chase and a girl named Athena."

"And we've talked about it a lot." Kelley says. "And we're going to adopt them."

"Oh." I say. "So I'll have a little Brother and sister?"

"You will." Kelley says then Mom brings me into her arms.

"I'm not replacing you." Mom says as she hugs me. "There is nobody in the world who could replace you."

"I know Mom." I say with a smile. "I'm not worried about that anymore."

"Good." Mom says then she kisses my head. "You'll always be my first babygirl."

"Is that why you were late picking me up from the airport last night?" I ask.

"Yes." Mom says. "We took them out for their birthday and it ran a little long."

"Have you two told them your adopting them?" I ask.

"We were notified last week that it was official and we told them last night that after their games they'd be coming home with us."

"Cool...Do they know I exist?"

"They do." Kelley says.

"And if you wanna meet them we need to hurry." Mom says. "Athena's volleyball game starts in an hour and Kelley always wants snacks."