91

Audrey's POV

"Here Audi." Moe says then she hands me the line up sheet so I look it over

21-Aubrey Bledsoe
2-Sofia Huerta
7-Abby Dahlkemper
8-Julie Ertz (C)
12-Tierna Davidson
3-Sam Mewis
6-Morgan Brian
16-Rose Lavelle
14-Audrey Solo
13-Alex Morgan
23-Christen Press

Lindsey, Emily, and Kelley all got their second yellow card of the tournament in the Canada game which made them ineligible to play today.

Julie's concussion went a way and she was cleared for the game which is good.

Once I've looked at the line up I hand it to the row behind me then I continue to relax for the rest of the drive to Arrowhead Stadium.

Today's our Quarter final game and we play Norway, who beat New Zealand in their Round of 16 game.

"Let's go Balto." I say when we pull up to Arrowhead Stadium.

Once the bus stops, Balto and I get off the bus, head into the stadium, then we head to the locker room.

When I get to the locker room I head to my locker then take off my necklaces, earrings, and nose ring before I start to change I then change into my warm up shirt, game shorts, my socks and my rainbow and white boots.

After I'm dressed I head out to the pitch with the rest of the team. When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my white jersey. After I'm dressed I wait around while the coaching staff do their last minute talks. When the talks end, the starters and I head to the tunnel and I line up behind Alex

When the ref tells us too we head onto the field then stand in line for the anthems. After the anthems we shake hands with the Norwegians then we shake hands with the refs.

After we finish shaking hands we take our starting XI line up photo.

"Sit Balto." I say to my dog, who's wearing my jersey.

Balto does as told and sits down next to Alex while I stand behind him for the picture.

Once the picture is taken, Balto and I head to the team huddle.

After the team huddle I lead Balto to the bench.

"Alright Balto." I say as we get to the end of the bench. "You stay here okay?"

Balto barks at me so I pet him one more time then I head onto the pitch.

Once on the pitch I head to the center circle with Alex.

"You ready Audi?" Alex asks.

"Very ready." I say then the ref blows her whistle so I kick off the game.

The first 20 or so minutes of the game go pretty quickly with both teams trying to find space behind the defense.

In the 23rd minute one of the Norwegian defenders tries to play a long ball over the top to Ada Hegerberg, but it gets cut out by Julie. Julie then passes to Sam while I look for space behind the Norwegian back line. When I do see some space I start moving towards it while looking back at Sam. Sam see's my run so she launches the ball ahead of me so I take off into the free space.

When I get to the edge of the 18 yard box the ball drops in front of me so I blast the ball on the volley past the Norwegian keeper putting us up 1-0.

As the team run towards me I kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name on my wrist then I hug my teammates.

After I've hugged everyone I head back upfield and get ready for the rest of the game.

- - - - -

"Audi you're number's up." Sam says then I turn around and see my number up in red and number 17 up in green.

"Oh...Okay." I say then I walk to the sideline.

When I get to the sideline I hug Tobin then I head to the bench.

"I know you don't like to come out..." Vlatko says, but I cut him off.

"It's cool." I say. "I know I haven't done much since my goal."

Vlatko and I talk for a little bit longer then I head to the end of the bench and sit in the last seat next to Alyssa.

"Nice Job Bubs." Alyssa says.

"Thanks." I say then Balto jumps in my lap. "Hi Balto.

Balto yips at me then he gets off my lap and lays at my feet.

For the last 25 minutes of the game I sit back and enjoy the girls running all over Norway.

When the game ends I get off the bench and celebrate our 3-0 win with my teammates.

Christen scored the second goal in the 70th minute then Tobin finished the game off with a goal in the 84th minute.

After I've celebrated with my teammates I'm handed my jersey I wore in the first half then I head over to my sisters to talk.

"Hey Audrey." Andrine says as I hug her.

"Hey." I say then I hug Ada.

My sisters and I talk for a little bit longer then we switch shirts before we hug one last time.

"Come on Balto." I say as I put both of my sisters' jersey on my shoulder. 

Balto and I head over to the team to do our post match huddle then after we're done we head over to my Mom.

"Hey babygirl." Mom says as I walk into her arms.

"Hi Mom." I say.

"Nice goal."

"Thanks." I say then I hug Chase and Athena. "Do you know the score of the other game?"

"England and Sweden are tied 1-1 at half." Mom says.

"Oh Okay." I say.

"You alright?" Mom asks.

"Just tired." I say. "Balto got sick last night so I was up all night making sure he was okay."

"Aww." Athena says. "Poor Balto."

"Is he okay now?" Chase asks.

"Yeah." I say. "And I think he learned not to eat random stuff when we're on a W A L K."

"Good."

"COME ON AUDI."

"Looks like I gotta go." I say.

"Alright." Mom says then she kisses my head. "We'll see you in Back in LA."