37| Dinner

Everyone was silent at the dinner table. Jennie and Eun-Jung had finished serving everyone because my family and friends refused to let me or Bogum out of sight. 

My family and Jungkook's family was separated, except the two of us. Both mothers sitting at the head of the table because our dads are whipped as heck.

Jennie|Bogum|Yuguem|Yoonminseok|Dad

Eun-Jung --------Long Ass Table-------Mom

Papa|Namjoon|Jin|Jisoo|Beak|Tao|V|kook

(Does that even make sense?)

"What the hell is going on?" Papa demanded, "This is my house and my family I need to know what's going on here." He spoke harshly.

"That boy-" My sister, Jisoo started.

"Ask me about my scars," I interrupted, my voice shaky but clear enough for everyone to know that I was serious.

"Babe," Jungkook warned from beside me, knowing how I get panicky when I talk about them.

"Are you sure?" Papa asks, voice softer as he looked down the table to see me.

"Yes," I say as I stand up from my chair, my voice now stable and strong. 

I move my chair and move to stand beside my mother by the head of the table.

"The ones on your hands," Eun-Jung motioned with her hand, "How'd did you get those? They look so severe?" she asks, her voice full of emotion as she stared at them.

I held my hands up so they could all clearly see all the scars on the top of my hands.

"They were given to me from somebody." With that, I could hear soft gasps and snarls.

"I was hiding in the bathroom, scared from the harsh beating I took earlier. I locked the door so they couldn't get in but they decided they would force themselves in. Taking a hammer and making a hole big enough for them to reach through and unlock the door, opening the door. As punishment for running and hiding, they sat on top of my back and forced my hand flat against the floor. Then they used the hammer to break every finger." I took a pause to point at each finger.

"2 hits to my thumb, 3 on the pointer, 4 on the middle finger, 3 on the ring finger, and 2 on my pinky. It was the same for my left hand except they repeatedly slammed down on my ring finger because they said they wanted to see scars under my wedding ring. They then randomy swung at my hands, not aiming for anything, just taking anger out." I explained, tracing the scars.

"Oh baby," Jennie breathed out, tears threatening to fall from her pretty eyes.

I flipped my hands over so they could see the scars on my fingertips, "These are from when I tried to drag myself away from them that night. The wood had torn up my skin." I said softly, remember the feeling of the wood go up my nail as the hammer swung back down.

"Taehyungie," My mother cried out, dropping her head into her hands.

"It's okay mommy," I say softly as I rub her back.

"Next," I say looking up at Eun-Jung, watching as her pretty doe eyes sparkle with tears.

"The one above your bellybutton," Yoongi spoke, eyeing the two-inch scar.

"I was taking a beating as a punishment for not making the right thing for dinner. When they were done with me they had thrown me onto the ground. I landed on some broken glass from the dinner plate they threw on the ground. They left for a friend's house and told me to clean up all the mess and blood before they got back. I was just finishing up scrubbing the floor clean from my own blood when they came back. They picked me up by my hair and tore the gash in my stomach bigger. They didn't take me to get it healed." I explained, making sure to leave out the part where he made me do other things.