46|Press

-Five days since Taehyung's kidnapping-

The buzz of talking filled my ears as I peaked my head into the conference room. Anxiety nipping at my chest as I scanned over all the people.

There were men and women from other big businesses. Coming to see what the big commotion was really about. Wanting to see and hear the conference with their own eyes. Knowing how much the media liked to tweak with the questions and answers.

There were also a lot of news reporters and paparazzi. All ready for the big explanation for the videos and rumors that were leaked. All curious on why their favorite person was now nowhere to be found.

Some have predicted that Taehyung had gone missing by the police at the cafe he worked at. But others had debunked it and said he had ran away from me. Now, that one really ticked me off. Not only was the rumor so far off, but many seemed to have believed it.

I spent a lot of days on the internet looking for anything that could help me find Taehyung. And that damn article of me driving Taehyung off popped up all over. It seemed to be the most popular theory floating around.

The evidence the people used for I was the reason to the absence of Taehyung, was his scars. Many believed that I was the one to give it to them. Others disagreed saying we haven't been together long enough for those to be from me but not everyone seemed that was a good enough excuse.

"Mr. Jeon," My secretary, Hui, called.

I closed the door before turning to him, "Yes?"

"You're on in less than five minutes," He stated before handing me a notecard.

"What's this?" I ask as I flip it over to see only a list of names.

"These are all people that are working on the case if people are to question about it." He explained before motioning me to follow him.

I followed him around, making sure not to bump into people before leading me to a different door that leads to the stage. It was a small stage but it held me slightly taller than everyone and it had a tv placed to the side. Most likely for the videos and pictures people have prepared for me to respond to.

"This is where I leave you," He said before looking at me with sad eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask, even though my voice was still cold and sharp.

Taehyung would always scold me for being mean to Hui. Especially when he did so much for me. I knew that if Taehyung found out that I was mean to him while he was gone, then he would have chewed me out when he got back.

"Thank you for being nice to me even though Taehyung is gone," He said before continuing, "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for what happened to Taehyung and all the rumors going around. I hope you find him, the office is very dull and sad without him," He explained.

"It feels like the world is on pause, huh?" I asked as I looked around, noticing how everyone that Taehyung has met or came in contact with are now sulking and sluggish.

"Yeah, we all miss him very much. Please tell the world how much you love him and tell them how wonderful he is," He begged with teary eyes.

Before I could respond he continued, "Taehyung helped me through a hard time a while back. My girlfriend was abusive and I wouldn't have gotten out of it if it weren't for him. And I don't want rumors to mask how he truly angelic he is," He explained with a sad smile.

"I will," I whisper before turning towards the door.

"And thank you, Hui, for staying by my side even though I don't always treat you the best," I say, not even bothering to look back before walking through the doors and onto the stage.