57|Promise

"Hey, Kookie?" I heard my love's voice from our bedroom. 

Stepping out of the bathroom, summoned by my baby, I grab a towel. We had just finished our shared night time shower. Humming in response as I make my way towards him. Love swelling in my chest looking at him sitting at the foot of our bed wearing only an oversized t-shirt. My t-shirt to be exact.

"What is it, sweetheart?" I ask as I place the towel on top of his head. Gently moving the towel around to dry his pretty brown mullet.

I heard him purr as he leaned into my hand. Enjoying the small display of my love and care. Chuckling, I remove the towel, placing it on top of my own head when I saw that his was practically dry.

"Let me," Taehyung said before pulling on my hand, making me take a seat beside him.

Once seated, he crawled behind me. Standing on his knees as he dried my hair. As he did, I leaned into his touch. A small swarm of butterflies fluttering in my tummy.

I wonder if he feels the same when I do things like this?

He dropped the towel onto the floor beside the bed before sitting beside me again. He sat on his knees, his legs softly brushing against my clothed thigh. His scarred hands grabbed onto my tattoo one before looking up at me with those pretty eyes. Curiosity was evident in them.

"What did hyungies mean when they didn't like seeing you like that again?" Taehyung asked.

Understanding where this conversation was leading, my throat tightened, and my body stiffened. He seemed to have noticed the reaction and quickly sat in my lap. His bare legs now straddling my thighs. Then his arms looped around my neck, his fingers lacing through my slightly damp hair.

"I know you all are happy that I'm back and that I hurt you guys. But...what did they mean by again? Did something happen in your past?" His voice was gentle as he spoke and his eyes were sweet as they searched my own.

I let my head drop to hide the tears gathering in my eyes. Painful memories and emotions rising back up the surface after such a long time. I felt his smooth hands cup my face, slowly lifting it. Our eyes locking once we saw each other.

"L-let's get into bed first, okay, bub?"

Taehyung's eyes searched mine one final time before nodding his head. Dropping his hands, he lifted himself from my lap before crawling into bed. Shimmying under the covers while I go to turn the lights off. The room was dark except for the small jar full of fairly lights that lay on top of the dresser.

Since Taehyung has woken up from his coma, he fell back into the fear of the dark. Whimpering every time a light was snuffed out. Crying whenever he was left alone in the dark abyss.

Once I laid down, I grabbed onto Taehyung. Wrapping my arms around his waist as I snuggled into the crook of his neck. Trying to hide myself in him from the dark memories. I hummed when he wrapped his arms around me. One hand lay flat aginst the top of my back while the other is in my hair. Both holding me tight against him.

"Closer," I whispered, the command almost drowned out from the silence.

He pressed himself closer but that wasn't enough for me. I trailed one hand down the side of his body. Growling lowly as my hand falls up and down his feminine curves. I grabbed his lower thigh, just above the knee. Sliding my hand around his leg, feeling the stretch marks under my fingertips. I pulled his leg over me, hooking it on my hip. Allowing myself to feel him closer.

I huff into his neck when he curls his leg around my body tighter, pulling himself flush against my front.

"Did I ever tell you about my ex?"