➹ 𝐔𝐛𝐮𝐲𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐢 𝐊𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐲𝐚

𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧! 𝐔𝐛𝐮𝐲𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐢 𝐊𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫(𝐅𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞)
𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐲: AuroraPup

----------

"𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧,"

whispers were heard as she continued to carry him in her arms, for he had shrunk down to a rather small size, close to that of a baby. Her lips were pressed into a fine thin line, for she had been the caretaker of him ever since his birth.

She has loved him with all her heart, no matter how strict his Father would be with him, she continued to treat him as normal as possible, which was often that he would run to her to seek some sort of comfort.

His mother could only laugh then at how clingy her son was when it comes to his caretaker. Often asking where she had gone to, when will she come back. And whether she was alright, or if she was unwell.

His parents could only smile gently then at how much he depended on her. But tragedy fell upon them once more as he was turned into a demon. It was a miracle that he had survived the sudden attack of an Upper Moon, which one they weren't sure.

But when he was turned into a demon, nobody dared to get close to him. Or should I say, the Hashiras prevented anybody from getting too close to him for he was gravely injured then, and was purely filled with nothing but hunger for human flesh.

How his plum-coloured eyes turned into slits, yet it softened upon seeing [name]. The first day he was turned into a demon, he never attacked. Even till now, he didn't attack anybody as he constantly remained by her side.

He would often reach out to her with his small hand while she prepared food for him, which she smiled softly at and carried him in his arms, allowing him to help out somehow with the preparation. He couldn't speak well for now, but that didn't matter to her.

Many were worried about her safety, given how she was always by the side of a demon. But her lips always remained sealed, never speaking ill about him. The only time she speaks is when it is to him, or to report to Oyakata-sama and Amane about his condition.

They were grateful that she wasn't afraid of him. Not the slightest bit as she continued to love him as if he was still a human. None of them has ever seen her getting angry as well, until this day, where she found out something terrible had happened.

Often she would carry him on her back, with him bundled up in cloths and a hat over his head to prevent the sunlight from touching him. And today, was no different as she walked towards the Butterfly Estate where she needed to speak with Shinobu in regards to the herbs she has been requesting for.

She placed Kiriya down with ease, ruffling him on the head as she urges him to head over to where Nezuko was, playing together with Tanjiro and the others in a room that the sunlight couldn't reach them.

Her lips curled up into a smile as she looked at Shinobu who was working hard as always, watching as the Insect Hashira turned to look at her with a gentle smile on her face as she presented her findings.

The duo remained in her office, exchanging words of whether the medication would work. Which part should be tweaked, and which should be removed. But then, [name] tensed up when she felt something was off.

"HEY! LET GO OF THEM!" she heard Tanjiro's voice and her eyes widened as she took off running towards the room where Kiriya had disappeared into before. Her eyes trembled as she watched a lower-ranked demon slayer, someone who seems all too hot-headed.

Pulling both Nezuko and Kiriya out of the room.

"Hey! Let go of them!" [name] yelled out, enraged as she rushed towards where the lower-ranked demon slayer had pulled the two demons to. Her eyes widened as she could hear Nezuko and Kiriya crying as they got nearer to the sunlight.

She watched as Kiriya was fumbling, trying his best to get out of the lower-ranked demon slayer's hold and his slit-like eyes laid upon [name], where he started to reach out to her as tears rolled down his face.

"[n-name]-san..." he stuttered out, and with just that simple call did she grab hold of Tanjiro's nichirin blade that was still in its cast and ran towards where the lower-ranked demon slayer was.

"I said, let go of them!" she yelled out as she twisted her body and slammed the blade down onto the top of the lower-ranked demon slayer's head, hearing a sickening crack as he fell to the ground, unconscious.

[name] then quickly pulled Nezuko and Kiriya back deeper into the hallway where the sunlight wouldn't reach them, and Tanjiro ran to where Nezuko was, hugging her tightly. Whereas [name] hugged Kiriya who was still crying.

"How dare he..." she whispered out as Kiriya clutched onto her kimono tightly.

"[name]? [name]!" and [name] turned to look as Mitsuri was running towards her, whereas she heard footsteps and she turned to look, noticing how Sanemi had easily carried the unconscious lower-ranked demon slayer by the back of his uniform.

"Tch..." he muttered out, carrying him away and Mitsuri knelt next to [name] and patted Kiriya on the head as the young boy was still crying in [name]'s arms.

"There, there..." [name] whispered out with a gentle smile.

"Kya, [name] always takes care of Kiriya-sama so well!" Mitsuri thought to herself and [name] turned to look at her with a gentle smile on her face. She then reached out as she gently patted Mitsuri on the shoulder and turned to look at Kiriya once more.

"Don't worry... I will protect you, Kiriya-sama," she whispered out and Kiriya slowly nodded his head as his eyes started to close, falling asleep in [name]'s arms then.

"[name]... Are you sure you don't want to return to the position of a Hashira? If you do, and they know you are taking care of Kiriya-sama, they wouldn't dare to pull such a stunt. I can't believe they dare to hurt him in the first place. They sure have a fucking death wish," Obanai's voice was heard and she turned to look at him, whereas she could only smile softly.

"I vow... To protect Kiriya-sama, hence I stepped down from the Hashira position so that I could fulfil my promise," she whispered out.

----------

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝