Špirit Journëy

The K-5, Taissa, Alatar, and Harry screamed while falling down from the sky. But Marisa quickly managed to generate winds around her feet to float and saved her friends as she landed them down safely on the ground through the trees.

"Is everyone okay?" Ariana asked as she and the others got up from the ground.

"I feel like I fell off hard from the Empire State Building." Kirana replied with a groan.

"I'm good." Camilla said, holding a thumb-up in the air.

The K-5, Taissa, Alatar, and Harry looked around to find themselves standing in a gigantic forest filled with giant, hostile thorn-covered vines and a thick green fog overcasting the sky.

"Whoa." Ezra said, in amazement.

"Uh, where are we?" Taissa asked.

"Silent Forest." Marisa responded. "We must move if we're going to take Taissa and Harry to the Pyramid Temple."

"And you really expect us to walk past this spooky woods?" Camilla asked as she placed her hands on her hips.

"It's the only way for us to get back to our home dimension." Talia pointed out.

"Talia's right, Camilla." Ariana said. "We have to move forward."

"Marisa, lead the way." Kirana said to Marisa.

Marisa walked forward as the K-5, Taissa, Alatar, and Harry followed her from behind.

"I hope there won't be any dangers ahead." Harry said.

"We'll be ready for them, if we are cautious." Alatar said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the K-5, Marisa, Taissa, Alatar, and Harry had walked deeper into the forest, the entire area was starting to get darker that only made Taissa stop walking.

"Taissa, are you okay?" Camilla asked as she turned around to see Taissa standing behind her in fear.

"This place...it's...we shouldn't be here." Taissa replied in fear.

"Don't worry, Taissa. I'll carry you." Camilla said with a soft smile.

Camilla picked Taissa up in her arms before following the others. Taissa started to get scared that made her hug the red mage kunoichi, making Camilla pat the child on the back.

"Look, are you sure we can't camp here for the night, Marisa?" Kirana asked.

"No. This forest is the home of wandering spirits." Marisa answered. "We must continue to avoid trouble. The fastest way to get to the Pyramid Temple is through the Hightail Falls."

"I have to agree with her, Kirana." Ezra said. "It doesn't look good enough to camp here."

Suddenly, the sound of screeching crows made the mages look up at them as the crows started flying out of the trees. Ariana then heard a familiar whispered cry that snapped her head around.

"Uh, guys, what's that sound?" Ariana asked in alarm.

Everyone directed their attention to a floating ball of purplish blue light with flame shaped heads, glowing yellow eyes, and oval shaped bodies between two large trees. The creature was glowing gently and calling for the nine mages in its pitched noise and slight arm movement.

"What's that?" Kirana asked.

"A will o' the wisp." Taissa said in awe as she got off from Camilla arms. "My mother told me that the will o' the wisps can lead you to your fate."