The Ghostly Gaean

Kirana and Sage were meditating in the dojo on the bamboo floor.

"What troubles you so, my daughter?" Sage asked.

"Mother, we've always managed to fight back and overcome defeat." Kirana said. "But this is different. We've got one chance to save the Earth. If we don't get the second talisman of the Cosmo Escalation, we've lost everything and I can't let that happen or it'll all be on me."

"You must not give in to despair, Kirana." Sage said calmly. "You all must remain diligent to save the Earth."

"But what if we can't?" Kirana asked sadly.

"You must hold on to hope and lead by example." Sage said wisely. "You all have become true worthy heroes. And no matter what may come, you have all made me very proud."

"Hai, mother." Kirana said with a smile.

Sage smiled back as she was pixeled into nothingness, causing the dojo to change into a holographic training room. Kirana looked up at the room and sighed heavily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the spell casting room, Ezra was trying a new spell compound but it turned to black goo. Ezra groaned and sat at his desk. He looked at the old picture of his father next to him.

"Dad, what do I do?" Ezra sighed. "How can I be good with magic and space if you've already achieved it? I'm just stuck. Sometimes, I wish you were here and I wish I could've spent more time with you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the ship's main room, three mages, a robot, and two aliens were minding their own business. Ariana sat in her station to check on the star maps with Camilla standing next to her with crossed arms. Talia sat in her station with boredom while Norbit stands next to her. Valina was maintaining the ship's control with Rosetta standing by her. The Levians were examining the ship's functions on the screen. And Domino was gazing at the stars from the large view screen, but she looked around the room to notice that Kirana and Ezra aren't with the crew.

"Hey, where's Kirana and Ezra?" Domino asked.

"Kirana's in the holo-room. She's been talking to the simulator...again. And Ezra's...in the spell casting room trying to learn another spell from his father's spell books." Ariana replied.

"I think it's not healthy for Kirana talking to a hologram of Sage all the time." Camilla said.

"Look, we miss her too, but Kirana just needs her more than the rest of us right now." Talia said softly. "She'll be okay."

"Even though the simulator contains only the memories of the real Sage, the psychic reading will allow her to at least talk to her." Valina explained.

"But it's not the same thing, Valina." Camilla said firmly.

Suddenly, the door went open automatically and Kirana came in the main control room with a calm look on her face. She walked past Domino and Camilla without even noticing their worried looks, but she noticed that no one has said one word when she walked in the room. Norbit was the first one to break the silence.

"Kirana, we are still waiting on your brother." Norbit informed.

"It's heartbreaking to see him like this. I miss my husband too but I understand that it's his choice to learn the spells." Rosetta said.

Ezra walked in with a calm face.

"Kirana, Ezra, you're just in time." Valina said with a smile.

"For what?" Ezra asked.

"My friends, welcome to the planet Gaean!" Valina announced.

Everyone looked at the view screen and saw a large spherical planet straight ahead. The planet itself was midnight blue with black star-like dots scattered around with amazed eyes. But only Ariana and Talia's eyes were widened wide open in astonishment.