The Fourblind Trap

Camilla slowly woke up with a groan. She blinked when she found herself in an empty cell room. The walls were made of pure ice that has no windows and there were no doors.

"Where am I?" Camilla muttered. She got up from the floor and looked around the cell. "And how in the world did I get here?"

Suddenly, the icy walls from all four sides slid themselves open and released strong gusts of icy wind that made the room colder.

"Uh no! It's just getting colder. There's no way out." Camilla said in panic.

Camilla began shivering and quickly collapsed herself to the cold floor, not reacting well to the cold very much. She cuddled herself and tried to make herself warm by rubbing her arms up and down with both her hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Six hours earlier, the mage family gathered together in Ariana's lab as the purple mage kunoichi was still experimenting on a negating formula.

"How's it going, Ariana?" Camilla asked.

"I was able to synthesize the neurotoxin from the mind collar serum based on each of our blood samples." Ariana replied.

"Do you think it'll work on Kuro?" Talia asked as he sat on a moving stool.

"It's gotta work." Kirana replied firmly as she crossed her arms over her chest. "For our older brother."

"Only one way to find out." Ariana said.

Ariana slowly added one small drop of four colored chemicals into four beakers of blue liquid and stared at them, hoping that the cure for the mind collar serum will be a successful desired solution for Kuro. But unfortunately, each beaker turned black as the liquid overflowed from the beakers. Ariana's best efforts to synthesize a mind serum antidote wasn't going well, making her understandably frustrated on failing experiment.

"What?! Are you kidding me?!" Ariana exclaimed.

Camilla and Kirana looked away from the beakers with sad faces.

"Ariana, it's okay. You tried your best." Talia said reassuringly as her hand touched her older sister's shoulder.

"It's useless!" Ariana yelled frustratedly. "I've spent days finding the antidote and I'm no way near close! This mind collar serum is definitely impossible. I...I can't do it."

"And we've even tried all of my spells." Ezra noted sadly. "None of those were working."

Ariana, Talia, Camilla, Ezra, and Kirana looked at Sage, who was looking away from them. The loss for Kuro has deeply affected the white mage very much.

"Mother, I'm so sorry. There's nothing Ezra and I can do." Ariana said sadly.

"I know how hard you and Ezra have tried, Ariana." Sage said calmly as she walked slowly towards the opening lab doors before stopping to give her daughters and younger son a tiny smile. "Even if I can't get my oldest son back, at least I have five wonderful children."

Sage exited out of the lab, leaving the four mage kunoichis and mage ninja deeply saddened for their mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, the K-5 are silently quiet in the living room. Kirana was watching some show on TV next to Camilla, who was reading one of her comic books. Ariana sat beside Talia, who was sitting on the floor upside down on her K-Phone. Ezra was on his laptop as he sat on his bean bag chair. Even watching TV wasn't enough to keep the blue mage kunoichi quiet.

"I know you can get this, Ariana." Kirana said as she turned to face Ariana. "You know how much the antidote means to mother."

"Kirana, I'm working as hard as I can." Ariana said as she wasn't look at her oldest sister from her clipboard.