The Impossible Desert

Out in the blazing sun, Artemis and Cressida approached towards their headquarters that appeared to be a large futuristic black palanquin. They marched inside through the doors inside the lab to see their older sister, who was performing experiments with various potions. She had a tall and slender figure with long vibrant blue hair pulled back into a ponytail and light blue eyes. She wore a black zip-up leotard with a blue stripe down the front and blue cuffs at the head, leg, and arm holes. She also wore black knee-high boots and black fingerless gloves.

"Athena, we need your help." Artemis spoke.

"And what would that be?" Athena asked.

"Help us take revenge on three lone mage warriors and capture the mage twins." Cressida replied.

"Our Gōsutodēmons were worthless against them." Artemis explained. "But if you sent out the upgraded ones to us, then the twins will lead us straight to the Oasis."

Athena turned around to look at her sisters in thought.

"Fine, I'll do it." Athena said. "But, only I'm taking the upgraded Gōsutodēmons on a mystic hunt."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Camilla was driving the Sonicruiser off the road.

"Do you think she could really be your sister?" Regina asked curiously.

"I hope so." Camilla said. "She's got a lot of guts to live in the wild on her own."

"Before our clan was destroyed, they taught us that the Dragoness was the only one who could translate the map to Oasis." Renee explained.

"Can I see this map on your palms?" Diana asked.

Regina and Renee both held up their palms as Diana began scanning the tattoos with her eyes.

"Hmm, doesn't resemble any language I've ever seen. It just looks like gibberish." Diana said.

"Only the Dragoness will know what it means, and the only way to find her is by crossing the impossible wasteland." Regina said.

"So, all we have to do is to drive another desert, no problem." Camilla said with a smirk.

"I won't be so confident, Camilla. The wasteland is miles of the harshest desert imaginable." Ariana warned cautiously.

Camilla gasped in surprise and instantly hit the brakes that stopped the vehicle. Everyone looked to see numerous potholes with quicksand, ruins of the fallen human civilization, rocky platforms, and narrow pathways around the huge drifting sand surface.

"Aw, great." Ezra groaned.

"Quicksand pits!" Ariana and Diana exclaimed.

"Hold on, everyone." Camilla said.

Camilla carefully started to drive the Ariana over the narrow pathway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Athena and fifteen Gōsutodēmons stopped their tracks towards the impossible desert. The upgraded Gōsutodēmon were different as they are large bear-like creatures with jet black fur and bony spikes on their backs and arms as well as white bone-like masks. One Gōsutodēmon stood in front of Athena.

"What's the status?" Athena asked calmly.

The Gōsutodēmon responded in an unusual language.

"So, they went off-road." Athena murmured with narrow eyes. "We would be able yo find them if they went into the impossible wasteland, but I will bring the map to my master. We keep moving!"