❆ osasuna - nutcracker ❆

if you want to, you can skip to the second half !! 

~

Concert nights were always tiring for Suna.

He gave the sheet music in front of him a desperate look, pleading the complicated rhythms would smooth out to something simple, something that wasn't so fast he would think his fingers were going to fall off.

"Suna?"

Raising an eyebrow at his stand partner, Atsumu, he kept his eyes glued to the paper, trying to mentally prepare himself as best as he could before the show started. "Yeah?"

Atsumu's hands reached for the paper, turning to the back where more music was displayed. "So, the section in Reed Flutes, yer the bottom line, right? Or am I?"

Eyes drifting to the spot Atsumu was pointing at, Suna thought it through. "I'm the 'outside', so I think I have the top notes. I don't know, don't hold me to that."

Nodding, Atsumu picked up his viola and started to pluck along to the melody on the page. "I reckon 'Samus not even tunned yet."

Suna yawned, nodding as he tightened his bow and grabbed his viola, joining Atsumu quietly while his eyes wandered through the much larger section of first violins in search of Osamu. Being that there weren't a whole ton of violists, Suna and Atsumu managed to be the front stand while Osamu, though he was lucky to be a first violin, was farther back in their section.

Everything on the page seemed to melt under the bright light from above them, Suna feeling the heat soaking into his all-black performing clothes (with a Santa hat for the holiday season, of course!) as he watched the stagehands struggle with opening the curtains.

"Psst! Hey, Suna?"

Suna gave Atsumu an annoyed expression, nonetheless turning to meet his eyes. "What? We start in like 30 seconds."

"I can't find the third thing - the walk of the flowers of whatever it was!"

Quickly shuffling through his own bags, Suna pulled out his folder of sheet music. "What was it? Waltz of the Flowers, or was that - no, that's not part of the Nutcracker. What is it, ah!"

Atsumu quickly reached over, pulling out a sheet of music and tucking it behind the one currently set out. "I think it's this one!"

Nodding, Suna set his folder back in his bag with a sigh. He straightened his position, upright and feet sitting evenly on the floor, his viola resting against his thigh and his bow in his opposite hand.

"1, 2, 1, 2."

And there they started, Suna eventually melted into the piece until his mind drifted to Osamu, wondering if he was doing okay and what he'd be wearing to the after-concert holiday party they usually had. Would he be wearing the same goofy Santa suit? His way-to-cute casual winter clothes? His-

Glare present in his eyes, Atsumu kneed Suna. Oh right, he could daydream about his best friend's brother after the concert was over.

~

And yeah, Osamu did show up clad in an overly huge Santa costume, a failed attempt at gluing pom poms to his chin promising a painful removal. Suna, himself, was dressed in a huge holiday sweater that wasn't exactly ugly, well, not to him at least.

More, his sweater was rather interesting than ugly, seeing as it had Osamu's face and an elf decorative edit plastered smack in the center. No, not quite ugly.

Atsumu, who, moments prior, had been glued to his side to use him as a human-shield against his brother's silly string, had wandered off when his 'plus one' arrived, Kiyoomi dragging him away from the crowd and into a more quiet space where they could snack a little.

"Suna, hey!"

Turning his head to meet Osamu, Suna offered a small smile and a polite wave.

"You played great today, wait-"

With an (adorable) giggle, Osamu eyed the sweater hanging loosely off Suna's shoulders. "Is this sweater, perhaps... Boyfriend material?"

Pretending to reach for the tag, Suna gave a short act of checking the sweater's composition and returning to face Osamu. "Nope. Husband material." 

x finished 

viola >>>  !!
please i want an osamu elf sweater T-T