❆ merry christmas, part 2 ❆

...and..

kyohaba :

“So here's your gift or whatever.”

Yahaba spared a surprised glance Kyotani’s way as he observed the gift. Even if they were dating, he didn’t necessarily expect a gift, rather he thought it would be a one-ended gift exchange, not that he minded. “This isn’t… booby-trapped or anything, right?”

Kyotani scoffed, and Yahaba chuckled. “Come on, don’t be stupid. You know I was just joking, thank you, baby.”

“Please not the pet names.”

Yahaba’s smile only grew, and he made a mental note to absolutely embarrass his boyfriend with the most cliche, cheesy pet names he could think of - he couldn’t wait to see Kyotani’s reaction to sugar plum.

“Open it already!”

Rolling his eyes and tearing off the plaid wrapping paper that was interestingly done so, it reminded Yahaba of something his little brother would create. He definitely wouldn’t say that out loud though, he’s already been the target behind far too many of Kyotani’s angry fists and didn’t necessarily want to ruin the holiday fun.

Underneath was a blanket, one with tiny corgis embroidered onto the ivory fabric and tiny golden hears filling empty spaces here and there. No, if there was anything Yahaba was expecting, it would’ve been something far, far from something as precious as this - but nonetheless, that’s the gift he had chosen.

“Do you like it or not?”

“No, no,” Yahaba started, admiring the quality of the thread, “I like it. It’s actually, uh, very nice. Just not what I was expecting.”

“Well,” Kyotani started, fumbling with his fingers slightly as he tried his best to not make eye contact, even if his eyes seemed to constantly drift towards Yahaba’s. “I uh, made it.”

More of a surprise, definitely. “You made this?”

“Yeah.”

Yahaba brought Kyotani into a hug, and in his most subtle attempt, Kyotani returned it with his most annoyed expression but the joy in his eyes told stories otherwise. “I love it.”

“Good, or whatever. Merry Christmas.”

“Merry Christmas, buttercup.”

kunikin :

Even young as they were, Kunimi and Kindaichi were determined to spend at least a little of Christmas together, be it a quick knock on the door, maybe the window, or maybe even facetime.

So, you could say Kunimi was starting to grow a little disappointed by 8pm when he had heard nothing from Kindaichi who promised he would find some sort of way to chat with him at least for a minute or two.

Words couldn’t describe how excited Kunimi was when his phone finally rang from it’s spot left in the bathroom, the ringtone ensuring it was Kindaichi. His movements to get his phone were upmost speedy, excited to finally get to talk to his boyfriend - definitely an excuse to not be lazy.

“Kunimi!”

Kunimi smiled fondly as he held his phone in one hand as he ran back into his room, propping his phone against his nightstand that was currently covered in at least 3 pictures of him and Kindaichi together. “Hey.”

“How’s your Christmas been?”

Kunimi shrugged, shifting his position in his bed to be more comfortable, grabbing a pillow to support his back. “Meh, same old, same old.”