❆ iwaoi - christmas eve ❆

"Tooru, what are those?"

Tooru looked down at the plate in his hands, raising an eyebrow at his husband as he raised his head to meet eyes with him. "Cookies?"

Hajime sighed. "I can tell. Uh, for what though?"

Giggling, Tooru set them next to their tree on a stool. There was already a glass of milk there, and a few holiday-themed napkins. "For Santa?"

"You do know - you know what, nevermind. Let's just go to bed."

Taking his husband by the hand, Hajime dragged Tooru up the stairs to their shared bedroom, throwing him onto the bed. "Careful, Hajime! I'm delicate!"

Hajime only rolled his eyes, curling up under the covers to keep out the setting cold of their house. Tooru soon after curled into him, never failing to be his favorite heat source on cold winter nights.

And he was comfy enough that he was just about to fall asleep - until Tooru poked his cheek, whispering rather loudly at his husband. "I can't sleep."

"Too bad, I can. Good night, Tooru."

Clearly not the answer Tooru wanted, he continued to poke at Hajime's cheek. He did so until Hajime himself was fully awake and batted away the hand, glaring at his husband who was rather obviously fully awake as well. "Geez, Tooru! It's 9pm, go to sleep!"

"I can't!"

With an annoyed expression, Hajime shuffled closer and wrapped his arm around Tooru, holding him tightly both for warmth and to make sure he absolutely couldn't leave because please, it was too late for Hajime to deal with this.

"Hajime?"

"Yes, Tooru?"

Oikawa tossed over, Hajime grumbling as Tooru was no longer facing him. "Do you think Santa is real?"

Hajime forcefully turned his husband back over, curling into the warmth that had returned. "No. Now sleep."

"You're no fun, you know that?"

Hajime only grumbled, pulling his husband closer in hopes he would just let Hajime sleep in peace. "So I've been told."

"Can we at least watch a movie?"

Pinching Tooru's side, Hajime finally opened his tired eyes to glare at his husband. "No, it's too late. Bed time."

Tooru pouted, raising his hand to poke at Hajime's cheeks once again. "I swear, you act like a mom sometimes. Loosen up!"

Peeling Tooru's hand away again, Hajime set his forehead against Tooru's, shutting his eyes again. "I'll be a whole lot more of a mom when you finally clear out the extra room so we can put a kid in there. For now, please sleep."

"But Hajime-"

"No, sleep."

"One movie?"

Hajime sighed, weighing his options. Either continue to argue with Tooru about this and end up eventually losing, or agree to watch just one movie and save a good half hour of sleep, knowing Tooru would be up at 5am ready to celebrate and shoving coffee in his face.

"Fine, just one. And then we sleep, deal?"

Tooru rejoiced, reaching over for the remote on his nightstand and switching the TV on. Hajime's eyes burned from the light, squinting as Tooru laughed at his expression. Flipping through the options, he stopped on a certain one - The Polar Express, a movie he and Hajime used to watch constantly when they were kids waiting for Christmas.

Hajime fully opened his eyes when he heard the opening track play, smiling fondly at the TV. "You choose The Polar Express..."

Tooru's attention was drawn from the movie to his husband momentarily, observing him in the light of their TV. Light bags were under his olive eyes Tooru so adored, trained to the TV and relaxed. His rather thick eyebrows, turned upwards at the end as usual but for the most part relaxed above his eyes.

Sometimes Tooru wondered how he managed to score someone as handsome as his husband. Someone so built, so strong, and so smart seemed to be almost no match for him, and he couldn't help but wonder what Hajime found so special about him, although he was glad he had a special spot in his heart.

"Tooru?"

Snapping into attention, Tooru shook his head, focusing his eyes, and looking questionably at Hajime. "Yes?"

"The movie ended."

Tooru's eyes widened and he looked at the TV, that indeed, was playing the credits. "Already?"

"Yeah? Almost a minute ago."

Blinking, Tooru grabbed the remote and shut off the TV, giving both his and his husband's eyes to adjust to the sudden change. He cuddled back up, wrapping an arm around his husband, who, in turn, wrapped an arm around him too.

"Good night, Hajime."

"Good night, Tooru."

x finished 

generic iwaoi fluff, what can i say they have my heart

and ajhsakamb its nice to hear about violas since i have no viola friends :') all my friends are band kids and i - :(