♡ iwaoi - nice...costume. ♡

knight au where instead of horses they have birds i guess haha, although that's only a minor thing in the story

also, again i can't change the picture so there is groose :)

~

Oikawa stared aimlessly at the seemingly endless mass of clouds.

He was lost in thought again - a habit of his that someone of such position shouldn't have, and Iwaizumi would've certainly scolded him for wasting precious minutes if he was here.

Speaking of Iwaizumi not being here, where was he?

While Knight Academy took up most of their day, today was considered a holiday so school was out and the sparring hall was closed meaning he couldn't be sparring.

Of course, perhaps Iwaizumi was sleeping - he had the habit of not wanting to get out of bed in the mornings, a particularly annoying habit of his that Oikawa liked to disrupt by throwing stones at his window.

Oikawa was humming thoughtlessly, blindly admiring the swirling clouds. What was on the other side of the clouds, he wondered. More importantly - where in the sky was Iwaizumi? It'd been 30 minutes past their meeting time and Oikawa was growing ever impatient with Iwaizumi's tendency to be late.

Lost in his mindless singing, Oikawa hadn't realised Iwaizumi was there, walking briskly into their meeting space and quietly enjoying the peaceful sound of Oikawa's voice.

"Ah!" Oikawa shrieked, half-toppling over as he caught sight of Iwaizumi staring behind him. "Holy - When did you get here? And you're late, by the way!"

Iwaizumi lazily rolled his eyes, flicking Oikawa in the arm. "I'm only late by 10 minutes, stop being overdramatic."

Oikawa huffed and turned in mock-anger away from Iwaizumi. "Am not! But anyway, Iwa-chan, I did ask you to be here before the celebration for a reason, obviously."

Iwaizumi's brows rose in false care as he urged Oikawa to continue, mentally preparing himself for another lecture about sleeping in when an instrument was shoved in his face. "See, Iwa-chan, isn't it pretty?"

Even if he'd tuned out Oikawa's speech, he nodded as he examined the beautifully designed piece. Oikawa grinned at Iwaizumi's settle curiosity, pulling the harp back and giving a small spin before looking expectantly at Iwaizumi.

"And Iwa-chan, the clothes! I made the wrap myself, and hey, Iwa-chan be careful! It'll rip!"

Iwaizumi shrugged as he pulled his best friend closer to examine the garment. Oikawa rolled his eyes, although he adjusted the white tunic and fixed the messy teal straps. "So...how do I look?"

Re-evaluating Oikawa's dressings, Iwaizumi thought to himself that Oikawa looked stunning, remarkable even and maybe his cheeks flushed a little. "Nice...costume."

Oikawa gasped, offendedly pulling away from his close position to Iwaizumi to look him in the eyes. "And what exactly is THAT supposed to mean, you goof?"

Iwaizumi shrugged and looked expectantly at Oikawa. Oikawa sighed, releasing his garment and joining Iwaizumi by the door. "If you think I look silly, just come out and say it!"

"Whatever, it looks nice I guess."

Iwaizumi spared the charming, extravagant, gorgeous, and many other flattering remarks to the letter in his hand.

Although ceremonies weren't too uncommon amongst their small island, this one happened to be the most celebrated as it only came once a year, and it was a way for the knights to show off their skills.