♡ sakuatsu - camping is fun ♡

"Uh, no way." Sakusa grumbled as he gave Atsumu a glare. "I am not going camping."

Atsumu rolled his eyes, but nonetheless held the bags he had packed confidently. "Well yeah, I figured you'd say that."

Sakusa's eyebrows creased. "Then why did you ask?"

With an ever-pleasant smile on his face, Atsumu gestured to the bags hanging off his arms. Sakusa only quirked an eyebrow, encouraging Atsumu to continue as he shuffled through the bags, showing off random items.

"We're goin' indoor camping!"

Sakusa failed to stifle a laugh. "You're- Oh, Atsumu please tell me you're joking."

Atsumu glared, setting his bags down in a corner of the room as he pulled out a few items. "I'm not, Omi!"

Giving a skeptical glance to the tent obviously made for children half their size, Sakusa sighed. "I'm not sure where you got all this, but no."

Atsumu grunted, persistent as ever. "I have an indoor s'mores maker even!"

Sakusa bit his lip. He'd never been willing to go camping, so he'd never tried the majority of the stuff everyone talks about being so grand in camping, including s'mores. He couldn't help it - he was curious, everyone made such a big deal over them but he'd never had one before. "..hmp.."

Atsumu knew he was winning this, so he started unpacking his camping supplies. "It's okay, Omi! I'll set everythin' up, and you can camp without worryin' yer pretty face about all the bugs."

It couldn't be helped, Sakusa offered a small, fond smile. He was reminded everyday how stunning Atsumu was, and this was something that really hit his heart with a truck full of hearts and a million cats.

He'd always been jealous of all the other kids' stories about camping, even trying it once, but in the end he couldn't bring himself to be in such a unsanitary environment without breaking down. Atsumu had solved many of his problems, with either alternatives or helping him through it but this, this was something he couldn't blink at. "..fine.."

~

Sakusa felt himself fall for his best friend all over again as he took in the sight.

There was a projector, displaying a night sky all around his living room and a spread of snacks and supplies next to the rather small looking tent they wouldn't be able to fit into together without being uncomfortably close and their legs sticking out the end.

"It's done Omi! Whatcha think?"

Sakusa felt a smile grace his lips for the second time and it's only 5pm, and he can't help but think that this night will be a joy - and there's this exciting feeling that something is going to happen tonight, he just couldn't think of anything. "..it looks nice."

Atsumu's grin was enough to outshine the sun, and Sakusa couldn't bring himself to knock his own off his face. Besides, Atsumu had told him he should smile more, even saying he looked hot - and who was he to hide it when he was genuinely happy and the person he was madly in love with told him it made him look hot?

Giddily, Atsumu sat down by the items he'd set on a small table. "Okay, Omi, ready to make s'mores?"

Trying to contain his excitement, Sakusa nodded as he joined Atsumu at the table. Atsumu handed him the small roasting fork from the bag. He filled the small compartments with graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate bars.

Sakusa was ready to start, but he didn't know how to. He was so, so lost and he hated that he had too much pride to admit he had absolutely no clue how to make a s'more. He grumbled, and he was grateful when Atsumu stuck a marshmallow on his fork without making any snarky comment. "...thanks."