♡ asanoya - sleep is for the weak ♡

“Asahi! Asahi!”

“Hm, oh Noya. What’s up?”

Nishinoya ran at Asahi and captured him in a huge embrace, clinging on to the poor 3rd year. 

“Can we have a sleepover tonight? Please?”

Asahi just couldn’t say no to Nishinoya’s puppy eyes. 

“Sure. When and where?”

“Hehe. Great! My house at 6. Also, don’t expect to get any sleep tonight. Sleep is for the weak!”

Asahi groaned. He already stayed up late last night doing school work, and now that it was Friday he was looking forward to going to bed early and sleeping in. However, he adored Nishinoya too much to decline a sleepover, so he accepted anyway, even if he knew he probably wouldn’t get any sleep that night. 

Classes flew by in a whirl, and before he knew it, Asahi was standing in front of the gym doors, knowing the whole volleyball team was practicing inside. The whole team, including Nishinoya Yuu. 

Nishinoya Yuu. He was a year younger than Asahi, but whenever he got the chance to spend time with him, he did. Asahi loved everything about Nishinoya. The way he has to scream ‘ROLLING THUNDER!’ everytime he hits a certain receive, the way he never gave up, the way his deep brown hair stood up, the look in his eyes whenever he spots Asahi, everything. Everything about him was perfect to Asahi. 

Asahi Azumane. Nishinoya’s favorite upperclassmen and best friend. 

He loved more than everything about Asahi. 

Asahi was perfect.

And, as Sugawara and Daichi put it, the two are perfect for each other. 

The moment Asahi opened the gym doors, Nishinoya instantly noticed him and ran over, engulfing him in a huge hug, hanging onto him. Asahi, not knowing how to get Nishinoya off, nor really wanting too, dragged his friend over to the changing rooms.

“Noya, I have to change. I’ll come practice with you in a moment.”

Noya pouted, but still ran off. It took Asahi a few minutes to get ready for practice, but once he finished he walked into the gym, making his way over to Nishinoya, who was over in the right corner of the gym, bouncing a volleyball up and down.

Of course. Asahi and Noya always practiced with each other. It was just natural, considering they both came back at around the same time, and of course, also considering they had the biggest crushes on each other.

Practice was over in a few hours, and the whole team was sweating and panting. Today’s practice had been extra tiring, and everyone really gave it their all to improve. Spring Nationals were just around the corner and they were planning on winning. 

“Hey, Asahi! You did great today. Let’s go change so we can have our sleepover!”

Well, everyone but Nishinoya was exhausted. Nishinoya was still sweaty and breathing hard, but he still had huge amounts of energy left. He managed to drag Asahi towards the changing rooms, throwing a bottle of water at him on the way.

They both changed rather quickly. Nishinoya always was one of the first done, while Asahi was too excited to go spend time with Nishinoya. They awkwardly said their goodbyes to the team as they left the gym, on the way home. 

“Okay, I’ll see you later Noya. Your house at 6, right?” Asahi asked rather shyly, his left hand rubbing the back of his head and a little flush on his cheeks.