❆ bokuaka - something magical about christmas ❆

day three :)

x

Grateful for the heating system, Keiji watched his husband dance in the cold winter snow from the comfort of their well-decorated house. Scenes like this never failed to make Keiji fall in love all again, even if it was the millionth time.

He closed his eyes momentarily, hands holding a mug of apple cider. It was very warm, very pleasant, and he couldn't help but wonder how Kotarou never hesitated to choose the cold of winter over the warmth of inside.

Fiddling with the ring on his finger, he looked at the identical one on his husband's. Sitting on a finger each, there were the simple golden bands Kotarou had chosen a few years ago, in the light that his - at the time! - soon-to-be-husband wasn't too keen on extravagant jewelry.

Stomping brought him away from his thoughts, and he turned his head to see Kotarou stompin on the porch, an impossible amount of snow falling from both his boots and coat.

"Hey, Kotarou. How was the snow?"

Kotarou grinned, still slightly wet as he lunged at Keiji, bringing him into a tight hug that normally would have been a pleasant, warm exchange, but by the fact that Kotarou was freezing, it was a little less than an experience he would hope for again. "It was great!"

Keiji nodded and smiled while Kotarou removed his coat, remembering to set it on the coat hanger as Keiji had reminded him several times before that coats and sweaters did not belong on the couch.

Grabbing both the mug of apple cider and hot chocolate skillfully, Keiji set them down on the coffee table where earlier he had set a plate of Christmas cookies and a variety of fruit. He patted the spot next to him on the coffee-colored couch, his husband excitedly rushing over and nearly diving into his arms.

"Do you still want to watch Christmas movies, Kotarou?"

The boy in question nodded his head, although paused for a moment. "First, can I tell you about the snowmen I made?"

Keiji nodded his head, watching his boyfriend happily point towards the two larger snowmen and a smaller one with what appeared to be snow-pigtails.

"Okay! That one," Kotarou pointed to the one with a twig of an arm with snow packed onto it to make it seem as if the snowman had muscles. "Is me! See, Keiji?"

Keiji nodded again, ruffling his husband's hair that had gotten wet from the snow, therefore losing its shape. "I see, Kotarou. I love it."

Cheekily grinning, he pointed to the other large snowman, one with twigs around it's head shaped in a circle. "That one is you. See, it has a halo because you're an angel!"

Keiji giggled a little, booping his husband's nose. "I think you're the angel, but continue."

"That one," Kotarou finally pointed to the small, pigtailed one, "Is our daughter!"

Keiji observed the snowgirl. "You want a daughter?"

Kotarou nodded, sheepishly rubbing the back of his head. "Well yeah, but only if you do too."

With a fond smile, Keiji leaned back into his husband's arms. "I would like that."

Laughing, Kotarou finally grasped his mug, handing the remote to Keiji. "Okay, After Christmas we'll order a mini Bokuto. But for now, let's watch some movies!"

There was nothing quite as magical to Keiji as being wrapped in his husband's arms, warm apple cider in hand, and Christmas movies on repeat - and the lasting heat from the fireplace made it all better. Surely, Christmas had to be a favorite holiday of the Bokutos'. 

x finished 

i kept accidentally writing akaashi but there is no akaashi this time ;)