❆ tsukiyama - tadashi, the christmas tree ❆

The ornaments that had generally been kept in a plastic box on the highest shelf now covered the table, decorations of all shapes and sizes making it hard to even sort through.

Tsukishima grabbed the final cardboard box from his spot perched on the ladder, handing it down to his boyfriend to cautiously grab it, who set it down on the plenty littered floor with a huff. Slowly, he stepped off the letter with the help of Yamaguchi's gilding hand, ensuring he wouldn't misstep and fall.

Thanking him, Tsukishima fished out the pocket knife he grabbed from his pockets, handing it to Yamaguchi as he set the latter aside. Pocket knife in hand, Yamguchi cut open the heavy box, revealing the fake Christmas tree that had bought at a discount during the previous year's after-holidays sales.

"Tadashi?"

Looking up, Yamaguchi met eyes with Tsukishima who was holding a string of lights they had set out a few minutes prior. "What's up Tsukki?"

With a devious smirk on his face, Tsukishima motioned Yamaguchi closer to him, the boy lifting himself from his spot on the dining room floor and finding himself next to his boyfriend in their living room.

As soon as he was close enough, Tsukishima swung the lights around Yamaguchi, using them as a fun way to pull him closer. "Stand here."

Yamaguchi complied, staying motionless in his spot as Tsukishima wrapped the lights around him, his shoulders and hair covered in colorless lights. Yamaguchi shot a questionable look, Tsukishima only smiling as he picked up the tinsel.

"Tsukki?"

"Shh.. Tadashi, don't move; you'll mess it up."

Still clueless, Yamaguchi huffed but still obeyed, letting himself be covered shoulders up in tinsel and garland of their favorite silver and gold colors. "Can I, uh, ask why?"

Tsukishima poked his cheeks, looking questionably at them before picking through the holiday stickers, choosing a few and peeling one or two off. He raised an eyebrow at Yamaguchi, setting a sticker on his left cheek, followed by another on his right. "I'm decorating the Christmas tree."

A few more stickers found their ways onto Yamaguchi's cheeks as he contemplated how he was supposed to respond. "Christmas... tree?"

Tsukishima pointed to Yamaguchi's hair. Yamaguchi giggled when he understood, looking at the decorations covering his shoulders. "Because my hair is green!"

Tsukishima smiled softly, hooking an ornament he had made as a kid to a strand of Yamaguchi's hair, knowing he'll have to unknot that later but hey, it was worth it for now. He set a similar one Yamaguchi had made, slightly frowning at how much neater his looked.

Yamaguchi had always been good at activities like that - his crafts were always impressive, his handwriting was one of the prettiest Tsukishima had ever seen, and he could draw well enough you'd think he was a professional.

"Tadashi, have I ever told you how perfect you are?"

Yamaguchi smiled, chuckling a little as he recalled fondly the many times he had been told. "I think you have."

"Well I'll tell you again. You're perfect, Tadashi." 

Tsukishima let his forehead rest against his boyfriends, playing with the few strands of hair that weren't decorated. He brought him into a tight hug, gently swaying to the calm Christmas music playing in a light hum from the kitchen.

"I'm not perfect, Tsukki, but I'd consider myself perfect for you."

Fond smiles filled both of their expressions, hearts beating evenly in sync as they swirled through the dimly lit room, Tsukishima dancing Yamaguchi towards the plug socket in the wall. He plugged the end of the cord in Yamaguchi lighting up the small room with the faint yellow from the led lights.

Tsukishima smiled, taking a picture and making a mental note to post it later and show the world how perfect his boyfriend was. He tackled Yamaguchi into another hug, landing on the beanbag next to the TV.

"As much as I enjoy being a Christmas tree, Tsukki, you promised me hot chocolate after we got everything out."

Tsukishima booped Yamguchi's nose as he reached over and unplugged the lights, frowning as he untied the garland. "It was fun while it lasted.."

"Tsukki! Don't be that way, we can wear our matching onesies and watch the movie you rented- Tsukki!"

Yamaguchi pouted as he waddled off to the bathroom with the penguin onesie that had been thrown at his face moments prior, Tsukishima keeping his pleasant expression as he fetched his matching dinosaur one. "Sounds... perfect." 

"is that... oikawa please tell me that isn't what i think it is." 

in oikawa's hand was a stop sign. "please tell me you didn't steal a stop sign.. oikawa nO SPIT THAT OUT!!" 

"..iwa-chan, i just at a stop sign." 

x finished 

:)