♡ bokuaka - coffee stains ♡

Coffee-colored rings covered several spots of Akaashi's desk - the edges, where he would set his third finished cup of the day before gathering all the mugs at the end of the day, the right-hand corner where the current cup always sat, and the random spots he left his mug while scrolling through Instagram on his computer during his scheduled breaks.

Bokuto, however, was never lazy with coasters.

In fact, as many coffee stains covered Akaashi's apartment, there was at least double the coasters littering Bokuto's.

Bokuto collected coasters, interesting as it was. Every place he had visited, he had a coaster to prove it. Scattered throughout the house were several coasters signed by his high school friends - it was his way of remembering them when he looked at the signatures on the coasters placed next to the thing his friends enjoyed most.

He had never been too much of a coffee person, really. He had a cup every once in a while and on days of studying other teams' plays maybe a couple.

Akaashi, on the other hand, drank at least two each day, although normally his number was 3 or 4 on stressful days. He'd admit it - he was maybe a little too addicted to coffee, but at the very least he normally drank it black or occasionally with a scoop of sugar while at coffee shops.

Bokuto couldn't drink a cup of coffee without at least half being milk and several scoops of sugar.

As much as he'd never let his own counters be as stained as his boyfriend's, he loved how stained Akaashi's was. He felt that it suited him well.

Bokuto also loved to ask Akaashi about the coffee stains.

Every stained was another stressful panel to edit, or another draining call with his boss pressing him to finish by Friday. Bokuto liked to know as much about Akaashi as he could - and at this point, Akaashi was most likely 90% coffee.

"'Kaasi," Bokuto started, fondly looking at his boyfriend who was seated at his desk, typing away at an email. "When we move in together, are we gonna have to split the house with your coffee stains and my coaster collection?"

Akaashi blinked, bringing his stinging eyes away from the bright screen to look at his boyfriend while he contemplated. "Well, I could get used to using coasters. Or, I could keep my mess to the office."

Bokuto smiled. "I think that would be nice."

Removing his glasses, Akaashi stretched his arms in front of him, Bokuto taking advantage of the space and placing himself in between, giving Akaashi a tight hug. "Mmm, I can't wait to live with you 'Kaashi."

Akaashi smiled back, running his fingers through Bokuto's soft, relaxed hair. "Yeah, me neither Bokuto-san."

Akaashi quickly re-read his email, making sure he set all the right dates and budgets. "Two weeks, darling, and we'll have our own home."

Two weeks, and Akaashi would move his already plenty stained desk to a new room, a room in a house he'd spend many years with the love of his life - a room where he'd leave several more stains, probably, not that they bothered him much.

~ finished.

i'll be posting a kenhina request sometime either today or tomorrow!

but for now, hello :)