♡ shorts + recommendations ♡

these are all short 200-500 word stories I wrote while listening to a haikyuu-themed playlist. each short is based off of the song at the top. they are all unedited and probably awful, but enjoy! 

Plot one: Giant

Levyaku

Yaku Morisuke had been lonely his whole life. He had the volleyball team and his mother, but he never had that special bond with anyone. That was until his third year at Nekoma, when halfway through a new transfer student wandered into volleyball practice one day claiming he was going to be the next ace. He was tall, really tall. He stood at about 6'5", and to poor Yaku, who was only 5'4", Lev Haiba was a giant.

Lev stood out to Yaku in more ways than just his stupidity and height. Yaku admired his will to push forward and learn new techniques, and he thought Lev was kinda cute. After about a month of knowing each other, Lev built up the courage to ask his upperclassman out. Yaku happily agreed, and that started the beautiful relationship that was nearing its 3rd anniversary soon.

Both had great ideas for how to celebrate. Yaku bought Lev a huge teddy bear that was about 5 feet tall. It reminded him of Lev with its height and cute little face. He also bought loads of chocolate and sweets, of course. Lev had a personal idea. He took Yaku to the park that day, lifted Yaku up on his shoulders, (something he knew Yaku appreciated since he loved the view), and carried him that way to their favorite spot in the park, the cherry blossoms.

Lev got out a beautiful necklace covered in gorgeous stones, and it was split in half, making a heart when combined. Yaku happily accepted it, smiling and enjoying the night with his huge boyfriend.

~~

Plot 2: The idea of you

Iwaoi

The idea of Oikawa Tooru was perfect.
That's why all the fangirls loved him so much. They loved the idea of him, not him. Iwaizumi knew that, but it still got to him when some girl came up confessing to the love of his life when he knew they didn't actually love him. Their feelings had no meaning, they knew that.

Iwaizumi knew Oikawa never would accept them. He used to, until Iwaizumi asked him to stop. He stopped, not wanting to do something that would upset his best friend.

Oikawa loved Iwaizumi.
Iwaizumi loved Oikawa.

But Oikawa was too scared to make a first move, and Iwaizumi didn't want his feelings to be brushed off as the idea of him rather than in love with him. Oikawa wouldn't ever think that though. Oikawa knew Iwaizumi knew him for all that he was worth, and Iwaizumi had fallen in love with the Oikawa he knew - the Oikawa he knew and nobody else knew. For so long, Iwaizumi tried to convince himself that he was only in love with the idea of Oikawa, not in love with him fully. He tried to tell himself his feelings had no meaning - but they did. And he could only suppress them for so long.

"Oikawa. I love you."

Oikawa began tearing up.

"And I'm not just in love with the idea of you. I've told myself over and over that I was just in love with the idea of you - not you. That my feelings had no meaning. That I was just tired, or thinking of it too hard. But I knew that's not what it was. It wasn't that at all, I'm fully in love with you, and all of you, Oikawa Tooru. Not just the idea of Oikawa, who is one of the best setters out there, the team captain, the prettiest boy on the planet, the one who loads of people wished they could be or be with. I'm in love with the whole deal - The Oikawa Tooru. The one who's been my best friend for as long as I can remember and has always called me 'Iwa-chan!'. The one who sends me snapchats of his funny faces and inhales eintere boxes of pizza."