♡ kunikin - boyfriend ♡

an optional continuation of best friend, but could be read alone as well :)

~

Being friends of such time, Kunimi knew when Kindaichi was at a low place.

It wasn't too hard to tell, though, considering Kindaichi would send him spams of cats and stupid videos at 2 am - something that seemed to always match up with a faint trace of red around Kindaichi's eyes.

He didn't know how to bring it up though, seeing as he was never one to be overly fruitful in conversations - especially those considering feelings. Oh well, he couldn't ignore it forever, and some things were more important than his pride. (Namly, Kindaichi.)

"Kin - ugh. Kindaichi?"

Turning his head around and trying not to display the worsening circles under his eyes by an unfortunate catch of light, although without concealer, his eye bags were not well hidden. "Kunimi! Hey!"

A fond smile traced Kunimi's lips. "Hey. Uh, can I talk to you for a minute?"

Skeptically glancing at Kunimi for a moment, Kindaichi could only hope for the best as he nodded his head. Kunimi grabbed him by the arm, (gently of course), and brought him just outside of their classroom.

"I don't really know how to do this but," Kunimi awkwardly tilted his head to the side, nervously playing with his fingers. "You know you can always talk to me, right?"

Kindaichi's eyes widened. If anything, he was expecting a 'hey, wanna hang out?' or maybe even a 'i got a girlfriend/boyfriend', on a worse note. "I mean, uh. We're talking right now, right? Haha.."

Rolling his eyes, Kunimi reached to cup Kindaichi's cheek. "You know what I mean, uh," Kunimi quickly removed his hand, fingers tingling and not quite sure why he did that. "Sorry."

"No, no," Kindaichi's face was a faint shade of pink, dusting his cheeks just faintly. "I get what you mean, and uh, I didn't mind."

Kindaichi cursed himself for making the conversation go silent and the air awkward, but hey, he couldn't help but let that slip. "Kunimi?"

"Yeah?"

"Is there," Pausing, not really wanting to give his spot but he had the chance. "Is there someone you're interested in?"

Now, it was Kunimi's turn to flush slightly, biting the inside of his cheek. "Well, you know, maybe."

A heartbroken smile split Kindaichi's face, and Kunimi's own heart stung at that expression. "You should tell them."

Kunimi sighed, examining Kindaichi's face that still seemed to be holding some kind of false smile. "I would but," he paused, eyes trained to Kindaichi's, "I think I fell for a straight guy, tough luck for me I guess."

"Did you ask him?"

Frowning, Kunimi remembered the several times people had assumed Kindaichi swung a certain way, only for him to let them know he was straight - he just found guys very attractive, and if he really wasn't straight, it wouldn't be too much of a shock. "Yeah."

With a chuckle and a false gasp, Kindaichi gave his most surprised expression. "There are still straight guys on this planet who have seen you?! How bizarre."

Kunimi rolled his eyes, aiming an accusatory glare at Kindaichi. "Well yeah, I mean, what does that make you?"

"Someone who is lying to himself, duh, wait-"

Kunimi's eyes widened and he stared.

"Oops."

Bursting into a small fit of giggles, Kunimi took Kindaichi's hands into his. "Am I supposed to be surprised?"

"Well," Kindaichi thought back upon his mannerisms, yeah, he wouldn't be surprised either. "I dunno. I guess you have a point."

Calming down his laughter, Kunimi smiled at Kindaichi. "Hey Kindaichi?"

"Yeah?"

"Actually, I don't think he's straight."

Kindaichi smiled back. "Good! Go for it, I mean, I don't think anyone would reject you of all people."

"Not even you?"

"Well uh-"

"Answer the question."

"I refuse!"

Kunimi's smirk grew. Oh, fun. "Fine, I'll ask a different question, you either answer this one or that one, deal?"

"Whatever."

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

Wide eyed, Kindaichi stared at Kunimi. "What?"

"I said,'' Kunimi made sure to take his time, slowly pronouncing each syllable clearly for Kindaichi. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

"EHK! Aaaaaa, eeeee, ooooooo,"

"Kindaichi you sound like you're summoning a demon."

"I meant yes!"

~ finished.

hi!!