♡ iwaoi - sleepover? ♡

happy birthday to this book and 100th oneshot 🎉

|

Friday classes always felt longer than the rest.

Friday classes, however, happened to be the only thing between Oikawa and the weekend. A glance at the clock supplied Oikawa with a promise of another boring 15 minutes before he was free.

15 minutes Oikawa spent, as expected, doodling on his papers and writing random song lyrics in the small spots on his paper he hadn't filled yet. It wasn't the most interesting activity, but Oikawa considered it far more interesting than cosines and tangents.

Oikawa let his mind drift away from trigonometry and towards his weekend plans, which, by the current time, was just set to the same thing he'd done weeks prior - watching whatever documentaries on aliens had come out that week and arguing over their existence to children online.

It wasn't that Oikawa didn't want to argue with children online over the weekend, but he'd be lying if he said he wouldn't jump at the chance to do something else. (especially if that "something else" happened to be with the object of his affections, his childhood best friend.)

So, when the bell finally rang, Oikawa packed his things as fast as he could to pester Iwaizumi into having a sleepover with him.

"Iwa-chan, Iwa-chan!"

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes, but looked up from his desk he was cleaning anyway. "What do you want now, 'kawa?"

"Do! You!" Oikawa sang, exaggerating each word, "Want! Toooooo! Have a! Sleep!! Over!! Today!?"

Iwaizumi smiled, and Oikawa couldn't help but smile back when he replied, "Sure. I don't see why not."

While Oikawa was in an excited rush to the gates to get home, Iwaizumi also matched with a little smile on his face he couldn't shake. It'd been a few weeks since they got to hang out together outside of school, and he too was excited.

Oikawa's house wasn't far. They made idle chat as they dropped their backpacks and sweaters in the living room before racing up the stairs to Oikawa's bedroom and flopping on the bed with exhausted sighs.

It took a minute, but soon enough Iwaizumi spoke up. "Do you have any plans for what we're doing?"

Oikawa clicked his tongue. "Absolutely none."

Iwaizumi pulled out his phone, humming absentmindedly as he tapped the screen a few times, typing something Oikawa presumed was towards his mom.

"We coooooouuuullld," Oikawa thought, "I don't know."

"Real helpful."

"We could. I really don't know - we could!"

Oikawa continued with 'we could's and 'i don't know's for a few minutes, before squinting at his stack of pillows against his bed. "Ohoho! I think I've had a grand idea."

"And tell me," Iwaizumi sighed, voice dripping with sarcasm. "What this 'grand idea' is, great king?"

"I am so glad you asked! We could-"

"-not this again-"

"-make a pillow fort!"

Iwaizumi scrunched his nose, but relaxed not long after. "That's - I think for once you had a somewhat decent idea."

Oikawa pouted, although he wasn't too offended. "You're cruel."

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes. "You love it. And - we can do a pillow fort if you order pizza."