♡ seijoh - not to be taken lightly ♡

oikawa appreciation!! 

~

The Seijoh volleyball team didn't take hate on their captain lightly.

Given this, it shouldn't have come as a surprise that when a few kids couldn't keep their mouth shut, grudges quickly grew throughout the team - excluding an oblivious Oikawa, that is.

Even Kyotani, who had possibly the shakiest relationship with their captain, had nearly readied his fists just by foul tone they spoke Oikawa's name in. And Kindaichi, sweet as he was, was ready to shout his worst if Oikawa hadn't come skipping along.

But, so help the team, the kids just had to mock Oikawa as he joined the team in their meeting spot.

"Hey, Mr. High and Mighty! Oh please~ Spare me a glance, I beg you! We're humble before you, grand king of ruining our school's reputation at nationals - oh wait, not even!"

Oikawa sure as all things wasn't in the mood to deal with this today, so he ignored them. His team also tried to ignore him, but by the time the tallest one opened his mouth, Iwaizumi already had him raised by the collar.

"You got a problem with Oikawa?"

The boy was clearly not impressed, rolling his eyes as he shrugged Iwaizumi off. "I'd be surprised if there was anyone at this school who didn't."

It was Yahaba's turn next - if anyone was good at that dreaded condescending laugh, it was him. "Say that to all the girls - oh wait, are you just jealous? I mean yeah, it's small right?"

Yahaba's comment clearly hit a sore spot as the boy scowled, backing up slightly while still glaring daggers at Oikawa. "Whatever, think whatever you want to. I'm not going to be jealous over this thing over here-"

"Oikawa is not," Iwaizumi's voice was tough, and boy, was he ready to throw hands. "A thing.

Matsukawa's eye visibly twitched when the boy scoffed, rolling his eyes as he looked at Oikawa who was trying his best to tone the situation down. Hanamaki, who had been shoulder to shoulder with Oikawa as they were walking, had crossed his arms and held a steady glare.

The shorter boy, right around Kunimi's height, raised a brow at the other third years, truly questioning them with his eyes. "You do realise that your team has been failing since he became captain, right? Our volleyball club has been a source of pride, but now-"

"I think," Kunimi, who had been silent up until now, stood in front of Kindaichi with his arms crossed and a steady glare. "You're mistaken. Might you remember, Oikawa-san is a top setter for a reason."

The two kids chuckled, mimicking the team in stupid voices and such. "'Top setter!! Oooh~ Oikawa-san's so cool!! Oh wait, but Kindaichi-kun! Remember Kageyama-kun from middle school, huh?? Wasn't he a much better setter, yeah?'"

Oikawa's fists clenched and he bit his lip. Oh yeah, the Kageyama thing, the whole of it being the thing that continued to haunt him the most still to this day. "...hey, let's just ignore them and go back, yeah...?"

"See!" The taller boy laughed, pointing at Oikawa. "He knows it himself. That's just pathetic, Mr. High and Mighty!"

In two seconds that the boy hadn't even processed, he was dragged against the nearest wall, Iwaizumi's hand holding a tight grip on his shirt as Hanamaki and Matsukawa joined behind him, making sure there wasn't an easy escape route. "You don't know anything about what happened with Tobio, so you need to shut. up."

"Look man," The boy started, clearly a fault in his voice, "I don't care about what happened. I'm just saying he's a better setter."

Oikawa, who had been left alone farther away from everyone, spoke slowly. "I know he's a better setter, I get it. Just let me be!"

Kindaichi quickly rushed over, giving his captain a hug while Yahaba joined. From farther away, Matsukawa and Hanamaki had hurt expressions while Iwaizumi looked as if he were trying not to both punch Oikawa and cry himself. "...I get it, I know, just, please, I've had enough."

Iwaiuzmi growled as he looked back at the boy who was giving an Oikawa a 'haha' look. "You're so dead."

"What's happening here?"

Watari, bless him, had run off to grab a teacher almost as soon as the chaos had started.

Iwaizumi slowly released the kid, giving him a final glare before turning to the teacher. "Ma'am, he was bullying our captain, so we, uh-"

The teacher sighed, motioning for Iwaizumi to come closer, which reluctantly did. "Okay. I get that you were trying to protect your friend, but violence isn't the answer Iwaizumi."

Iwaizumi scoffed. Violence wasn't the answer, but it sure would've been a way to shut them up. "Yeah, yeah."

The teacher pointed to the kid, motioning him to join them as well. "You're coming with me too, this is the third time I've heard of you targeting Oikawa. I'm going to have to call your parents."

His eyes widened, and he shook his head. "Wait, don't tell mommy-"

"I'm telling mommy. Now get over here, you're having a talk with the principal. And Iwaizumi," She turned, "I would ban you from club activities for a week, but I think I'll settle for detention. Be there on time, or I might change my mind."

"Thank you, ma'am."

~

After everything had mellowed out, the team had arrived in the club room for lunch in silence.

The third years were all sitting protectively close to Oikawa, angrily eating their food. It wasn't until Iwaizumi spoke up that the silence finally broke. "Oikawa."

Oikawa turned to him, swallowing the tiny piece of milk bread he had pulled off the small loaf. "Yes, Iwa-chan?"

"I have," Iwaizumi gave a stern look, holding up two fingers. "Two things to say."

Oikawa nodded, already pretty sure where this was going.

"One," Iwaizumi started, eyes glued to Oikawa as the rest of the team tried to not stare. "The teacher said this wasn't the first time this happened."

"Well uh, I mean. They've said some stuff before, but I just ignored it-"

Iwaizumi punched his shoulder, hard enough Oikawa had to rub it. "You tell me when something like that happens. Or at the very least, Makki or Mattsun, got it?"

Oikawa nodded again, a sour expression as he waited for Iwaizumi to continue.

"Two," Iwaizumi put one finger down, "I don't care if Tobio has some kind of magic setting stuff or whatever. You are still the best setter for our  team, don't forget that. Even ask Yahaba."

Yahaba sighed, he figured he would be brought into this. "Iwaizumi-san is right. You're the best fit for our team both as a captain and as a setter, and as a setter myself, I've learned so much more from you than I could've from Kageyama-kun."

Oikawa smiled, tears welling up in his eyes as he brought as many members he could reach into a hug. "Thank you guys, so, so, so much!"

~ finished. 

im keeping myself sane as i finish the semester with seijoh, don't mind me :')