❆ iwaoi - my coat would fit better ❆

day one! eleven days left :)

x

As the days grew colder and the nights grow longer, Seijoh's third years found their regular hang-out time becoming dark skies and fluffy snow rather than vibrant blues and colorful flowers. Each and every cheek stained pink, a hat on each head and a coat on every shoulder.

Expect today however, where almost every head had a hat and shoulder had a coat. No, today Oikawa had left his home in a rush to get to the gym early, somehow wandering his path to school not noticing the temperature and his lack of season-appropriate clothes.

"You look cold, Oikawa."

Turning his head to meet a dearest friend of his, Matsukawa, he eased and nodded. He was indeed very cold, and his palms were shaking while he couldn't help but sneeze every few minutes on the way to their normal cafe.

"Here." Matasukawa draped his black sweater over Oikawa's shoulders, Oikawa thanking him and pulling it closer to him. It smelled similar to Matsukawa - old books and the ginger tea he drank every morning.

Hanamaki grabbed his hands in between his, rubbing gently with his gloves on to warm Oikawa's frigid fingers. Oikawa accepted gratefully, letting his friend return to his spot next to Matsukawa after he deemed his fingers warm enough that they wouldn't fall off at any moment.

"Say, Oikawa."

Oikawa raised his eyebrows and turned to Hanamaki, who was observing pink on Oikawa's ears and fingers as he shivered from the cold. "How did you manage to get here without a coat in the first place?"

Oikawa giggled a little. "Funny story, actually. I don't know," He paused to think, trying to bring his focus away from the cold air around him and to the conversation, "I was in a rush to see Iwa-chan today. I had a bad dream."

Hanamaki nodded. It was something he had done before; run out of the house early as possible to see his boyfriend on nights when the cruel dreams seemed to haunt his every thought. Never, however, in the years they had been in highschool, had Oikawa ever shown up unprepared for anything. Locker constantly stacked with coats and cookies, umbrellas and boots, he was prepared for nearly everything. Although, last week was locker-cleanouts so the janitors could do the cleaning for the semester.

"Oikawa?"

Turning his head in the opposite direction now, Iwaizumi had taken the once empty space on his right, raising a skeptical eyebrow at his boyfriend who was still shivering despite having what he deemed as Matsukawa's coat on his shoulders. "Yes, Iwa-chan?"

"Did you.. Did you forget your coat?"

Matsukawa chuckled from the opposite side of Oikawa. "Yeah, he did. Said he was in a rush to see someone special this morning, so much so he managed to forget even a sweatshirt."

Iwaizumi nodded, eyes still glued to the coat hanging off Oikawa's shoulders. "And you let him borrow your coat, I assume?"

Snorting, Matsukawa rolled his eyes. "You don't have to get all jealous over it. He was cold, and I doubled up today anyways."

Cheeks staining a hint of a darker pink, Iwaizumi scowled. "I'm not jealous. I just thought maybe it was too big from him."

Oikawa continued to observe the scene, enjoying finally having something better to do than think about the biting cold. "It's fine, Iwa-chan. It's very warm."

Unknowingly making the problem worse, Oikawa smiled. Iwaizumi huffed, hating how at the worst times, his boyfriend decided to be oblivious. "'Kawa you can borrow mine."

"But Iwa-chan, you don't have another sweater. Plus, Mattsun's smells nice."

Iwaizumi scowled and Oikawa giggled. "But if you insist, Iwa-chan."

Still refusing to make eye-contact, Iwaizumi slid the coat off his shoulders and handed it to Oikawa, who returned the black coat for Iwaizumi's coffee colored one. "Thank you, 'Kawa."

Oikawa quirked an eyebrow at his boyfriend. "'Thank you'? Shouldn't that be my line, Iwa-chan?"

Dropping his mouth for a minute before turning his head to the side, Iwaizumi flushed just a fraction pinker. "Whatever. Do you need me to hold your hands so they stay warm too?"

"That would be nice." 

x finished

here's the first holiday themed chapter, as expected iwaoi ;) 
i can promise you there will be some semishira and kuroken, what other ships would you maybe like to see this holiday season?

have a great day and remember to wear a coat, (and a mask ofc!), if you go outside in the cold :)