♡ terushou - im bored but at least my boyfriend is hot ♡

as per request of terushima x daishou :) 

Terushima yawned as he watched the ball travel across the court.

Watching volleyball was boring. He wanted to play.

He wanted to be in on all the action, hearing the ball fall on his accord and the crowd cheering when he scored a point. Instead, he was stuck watching dully as his boyfriend yelled at his teammates random orders.

Terushima didn't hate watching Daishou's games. He normally enjoyed them, really, but he was so tired he was certain he wouldn't meet the end of the match awake. He wanted to be part of the fun, to let his adrenaline spike and run around the court playing like they were.

Daishou didn't seem tired at all. He'd most likely gotten less sleep than Terushima, considering when they clicked off their call at 2 AM the past night, he said he still had homework to finish. Terushima found himself wishing a single cup of coffee did him what it did Daishou.

Terushima let his head rest on the railing as he watched. He just wanted to go home, maybe play a little bedwars with his boyfriend and then cuddle and sleep.

Daishou at least promised they would have a sleepover that night, and that gave Terushima something to look forward to. Sleep and cuddles, and probably a stupid argument about blankets or who got to sleep on which side of the bed.

He couldn't wait to argue over his side of the bed. He was so bored, he started preparing a pre-thought-through list of reasons and quips he could use against his boyfriend, even though he knew either way Daishou would give in because, in the end, Daishou was weak for him and Terushima would be lying if he said he wasn't just as weak.

Adding to the list of weak things, Daishou's movements. He was slowing down, Terushima noticed, and so was the rest of the team but Terushima honestly wasn't paying them much mind. He brought himself to check the scores to find how close they were to finishing and it brought a pleasant sigh of relief to him.

He let himself relax into a seat as he stared. It was when his boyfriend wasn't aware that Terushima found him most charming.

When he wasn't trying, wasn't playing some dumb insult, wasn't doing anything but focusing all his attention to what he was doing. It was real, and it was brilliant to watch as he let his face show expressions other than smug as he let his guard down to guarantee his focus was placed solely on the game.

It was that concentration he used to land the final blow, calling a win for Nohebi leaving the team to cheer as they went in for a group hug.

Daishou was grinning, sweaty but clearly ecstatic as he chatted with his team and probably threw a few insults. At one moment, Terushima heard his name from the conversation although he wasn't close enough to understand the context.

It took Daishou 12 minutes to break away from his team and head to the bleachers to find his boyfriend. 12 minutes too long, in Terushima's opinion.

"Hi, loser." Daishou grinned as he greeted his boyfriend with a light hug.

"Hey, idiot. Good job."

Daishou just nodded, although Terushima understood there was more to it. He just let it be, though, and moved the conversation along. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, hold on," Daishou shuffled through his bags, "I've got something I gotta give back to Mika. I'll be right back.'

Terushima wanted to protest but he bit his tongue and savored his pride as Daishou ran away in a rush before he could say anything. Terushima was tired, wanted to go home, and adding to the list of things killing his mood now, his boyfriend insisted on meeting with his ex.

"Boo." A voice pulled him out of his thoughts, and he realised the spot he'd been staring was now empty and his boyfriend was waiting expectantly behind him.

"Sorry," Terushima cleared his throat, "I spaced out."

Daishou raised a skeptical brow as he led them to the exit of the gym. "Aw, is my little Teru jelly~"

"No," Terushima glared, "your only-0.5-of-an-inch-shorter-than-you-Teru is tired and hungry and let's go home."

Daishou rolled his eyes, but held the door to his car for Terushima to slide in, who was quick to start messing with the radio. Daishou slid in as well, sighing as Terushima switched off his podcast on bees to listen to Heat Waves.

"Turn it down," Daishou complained, "my ears are bleeding."

"This is how loud you left your bee documentary. If you can listen to people talk about bees for an hour straight at this volume you can listen to Glass Animals at this volume too."

Daishou grumbled as he took a left at the nearest drive-thru to pick up something to eat. Terushima grinned as the song switched and happily continued singing. Daishou would be lying if he said Terushima was awful at singing, but Daishou could barely hear him over how loud the music was playing.

"Get back down to my knees, gotta get back, gotta get free- Hey!" Terushima gave his boyfriend a death glare upon hearing the volume turned all the way down. "I was listening to that!"

"Shh! What do you want at McDonalds?"

"A cheeseburger."

♡ end ♡

i noticed this book is getting awfully close to 100 oneshots which is crazy to think about !! it doesnt even feel like ive read all 96 of them haha