♡ iwaoi - back 2 school ♡

"Tooru, for the hundredth time, you don't need to spend 30 dollars on HIGHLIGHTERS!"

"But," Oikawa started, exasperated, absolutely needing them, "They're on sale! Hajime, normally mildliners cost 2 dollars a pen, I can get 30 for 30! It's a really good deal!"

"Yeah, but they're highlighters. You already spent so much money on pens!"

Oikawa thought back to the Muji pens sitting in his basket. "Yeah! They're nice pens, Hajime! They write so much better and don't blot ink, plus I've been saving a bunch of money so I can get nice school supplies!"

Iwaizumi groaned. They've always gone school supply shopping together, and at first, Oikawa just wanted somewhat nice supplies. Instead of getting regular BIC ballpoint pens, he'd buy a pack of colorful paper mate pens, tiny colorful highlighters, and 0.7 mechanical pencils. He always thought that was a little much, but spending this much on school supplies? It didn't make s\any sense to Iwaizumi.

"Fine. Buy your fancy highlighters or whatever. Couldn't you just buy like, a 10 or maybe even 20 pack? 30 highlighters is too much!"

"Too late!" Oikawa said, already dropping the markers into his basket. "Don't worry, Hajime! I've been saving for a while, and I already added up all the costs. I was just expecting to get 15 for 30 dollars, so it's okay!"

"Whatever."

"Plus..." Oikawa started, hesitantly looking at his boyfriend, "I made sure I also have enough to treat you to your favorite tofu restaurant, as thanks for shopping with me and all my stubbornness." 

Normally, when they went on dinner dates, they split the bill or Hajime would pay. (Of course, it was a fair relationship and Oikawa often paid for other dates, such as amusement parks or cafe dates.) It was a special occasion when Oikawa decided to put money into a dinner date, especially at Hajime's favorite place. He knew better than to decline. If Oikawa had saved up, he knew it would hurt him loads if he said no. 

"Okay. Thank you, Tooru." 

That made Oikawa light up, smiling like an idiot in the middle of Walmart's back to office supplies section, (Oikawa begged that they went as early as mid July, he wanted to get the best things before they sold out, but the school section wasn't even set up yet.)

"Yay! Okay, let's finish quickly!" 

Iwaizumi didn't want to admit it, but seeing Oikawa all happy really did make his heart skip a few beats. "Alright."

And with that, the couple finished grabbing notebooks and pencil cases, (of which of course Oikawa picked out Muji ones), and headed to the check out. Iwaizumi's total was $20, while Oikawa's was $60.

"Onward!" Oikawa giggled, leading his boyfriend to his car where they set their bags in the trunk and hopped into the front two seats. Iwaizumi set his phone on the middle column, (it was something small, but he noticed it made Oikawa a little happier when they had actual conversations in the car, rather than shotgun just playing on their phone), and turned on the radio.

While the radio softly played Super bass and Oikawa rapped the lyrics quitely, Iwaizumi stared at his boyfriend for a moment. He was aware he was really lucky to have such a beautiful individual to call his own, but sometimes just looking at him brought butterflies to his stomach and he really noticed how truly gorgeous his boyfriend was.

Iwaizumi rarely mentioned it, (he knew Oikawa knew he was beautiful), but he was absolutely stunned at how attractive he was. Oikawa always had flocks of beautiful, kind girls surrounding him, but he never paid any attention to them. He hated to admit it, but he did get jealous every once in a while when his man was bombarded with, (what he considered, although had no idea how truly flawless he was to Oikawa), were much better candidates for a romantic other.

Dinner went by smoothly, Iwaizumi thanking Oikawa several times for the meal, and they ended up back in Oikawa's volleyball-sticker coated car. 

"Hey, Tooru?"

"Yes, dear?" 

"Do you mind if I stay the night? We can even look through all your new fancy pens and watch your favorite alien movie, I just feel like today has been too good of a day to let it end so soon."

"Aw~ Of course, Hajime. You know, I love it when you're honest about these things."

"I do know. I just don't always mention it at school since it's - you know - kinda really embarrassing." 

"I know. Thank you, darling." 

The few, rare times when Iwaizumi decided to spoil Oikawa with affection during lunch or practice, everyone always commented on how sickeningly sweet they were to each other, especially after having a relationship for nearly three years now. The dynamic of their relationship was so very different while others were present, and you'd maybe even think Iwaizumi didn't even like Oikawa that much, however even just once witnessing their affectionate moments was enough to change anyone's mind.

"I love you, you know."

"I know. And I love you too. Now, are you going to explain to me how awesome these highliners are?"

"Hajime! They're called mildliners!"

xxx

Nobody questioned anything when Iwaizumi had a teal mildliner with 'I love you, darling' written on the cap, even if he normally didn't like fancy utensils that much. 

xxxx

yes, yes i did spend 30 dollars on highlighters. they were on sale ;-;