♡ iwaoi - homemade chocolates ♡

Oikawa stared nervously at the box of chocolates in his hands. He had made the contents himself, and that only made him feel all the more jumpy about giving them to his boyfriend.

Breathe, Oikawa reminded himself as he mentally prepared himself to confront Iwaizumi who was still packing his belongings from his final class. "Hey, Iwa-chan!"

Iwaizumi turned his head towards the door, smiling upon the sight of his boyfriend all packed and ready to go. "Hey 'Kawa! Ready to go?"

With a smile, Oikawa nodded although he secretly tucked the box back into his bag - it would be awkward to give him a gift right now especially considering they were about to go on a date where he would give him another gift. (or, maybe, he just felt too scared to give it.)

Iwaizumi hummed as he picked up his keychain that protected his locker, aimlessly swinging it on the tip of his finger. "I gotta stop by my locker on the way out. That cool?"

Oikawa nodded, and they leisurely made their way out of the classroom and to Iwaizumi's locker, conveniently next to the exit. He grabbed a book or two, probably history considering they had a history test the following Tuesday, and a little box decorated fancily he failed at moving discreetly.

The school was cleared for the most part, considering it was several hours after school when just clubs lingered around and students gathered their stuff after practices.

They agreed to do their main Valentine's date on Friday, so they could have a double-sleepover from there and do something less busy on the actual day considering most restaurants and amusement parks were booked out months in advance.

"'Kawa," Iwaizumi started as he locked his locker. "Did you hear anything I had said?"

Blinking, Oikawa raised his eyebrows. "Uh, yeah, sounds cool!"

Iwaizumi sighed, although he wasn't not expecting it with Oikawa acting all zoned-out. "Oh whatever, I was just saying we should stop by your house first so we can get changed into comfy clothes."

Oikawa nodded, signing his approval as he wordlessly followed Iwaizumi out - all while still wondering if his chocolates were really any good.

Considering they only went to Oikawa's house, Iwaizumi had to borrow clothes. His normal jeans and sweatshirt he left at Oikawa's as a 'just-in-case' were in the wash, so he was left with either his uniform or wearing Oikawa's clothes.

It's not that Iwaizumi hated wearing Oikawa's clothes, not at all. They were slightly baggy and smelled like oatmeal. Iwaizumi would even say he enjoyed wearing his boyfriend's clothes.

In the end, however, that was embarrassing and not to be mentioned. He'd wear Oikawa's clothes if he had to, and that's all Oikawa needed to know.

"You look," Oikawa paused for a moment to fully take in his boyfriend's pure wow. "You look very nice Iwa-chan. Why don't you ever borrow my clothes!"

Iwaizumi huffed, although he adored the attention. "Yeah, yeah, I know I'm pretty hot if I'm to the likes of you."

"Iwa-chan was that a compliment!"

With a warm smile on his face, Iwaizumi gazed at his boyfriend. "Am I not allowed to compliment my boyfriend?"

"Trust me," Oikawa grinned, "You're MORE than allowed."

~

Their date had gone smooth - mostly.

It went stunning up until Oikawa remembered his chocolates and started to panic again, so he shut down conversation with short responses and unconsciously wandered a little farther away.

"Oiawa," Iwaizumi began, grabbing his boyfriend's hands in his own. "Are you mad at me?"

Oikawa blinked at him and raised an eyebrow. "What makes you think I'm mad at you?"

"Uh, well, you've just been kinda distant the past half hour and you only seem to do that when you're either mad at me or feeling insecure - oh, is that it, 'Kawa? You know you can always talk to me."

"No, darling I'm fine, it's just," Iwaizumi's cheeks tinted slightly at the address but nonetheless remained silent to let his boyfriend speak. "Just something stupid."

Iwaizumi's expression switched and he moved his hands to his boyfriend's shoulders. "Darling," Iwaizumi started, feeling he should return the address. "We've talked about this. None of your feelings are stupid."

"You're going to change your mind when you hear it."

"So that means you'll tell me?"

Oikawa frowned. "Iwa-chan, I made you chocolate."

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes, eyes looking straight into Oikawa's. "Don't try and change the conversation!"

Pausing, Oikawa Pulled the small heart-shaped box out of his bag and handed it to Iwaizumi. "I'm not. Just, you know how it is with baking."

'Right,' Iwaizumi thought, 'Tooru isn't exactly skilled with baking.' "I'm sure they're good, 'Kawa."

Even with Oikawa's eyebrows knit together in disagreement, Iwaizumi knew Oikawa wouldn't give him something like this unless he'd spent a while making sure it was perfect. Confidently, Iwaizumi stuck one into his mouth. "They're delicious!"

"You're just saying that to make me feel better!"

"Am not! I'm serious, 'Kawa, how'd you manage to get the caramel inside?! That's impressive, baby, I love them."

Oikawa smiled a little. He was genuinely grateful Iwaizumi was always there to reassure him - even if it was just about chocolates. 

~finished.

♡ happy valentine's day! ♡

and since i know its pretty meh ill try to write a sakuatsu valentines later today when its not 1am haha :)