♡ kagehina - middle school ♡

so i finished that kagehina one, two posts one day!

x

"Shoyo, hey!"

"Izumi! And Koji too!"

"Hi Shoyo."

"Hey Koji! I've missed you guys so much!"

"We've missed you too, Shoyo. School isn't the same without you."

"Oh yeah! Karasuno is so different haha!"

Izumi and Koji kept contact with Hinata after he transferred to Karasuno of course, considering they had been so close it would be such a waste to completely throw their friendship away. So, one day, (one of their highschool's early release days of course), they decided to catch the train and visit him at practice.

"Shoyo! You should introduce us to your new teammates! And wait... is that.."

Koji poked Izumi and pointed at a rather tall, dark haired, blue eyed, and angry looking boy, who was currently shouting at another tall boy but with blonde hair. ("Haha, that one looks like a french fry!" Koji would say.)

"Oh my gosh! Shoyo, is that the king?!"

"Oh, who? Ah, Kageyama!"

"BOKE HINATA BOKE, WHAT DO YOU WANT NOW?"

"AAH! Shoyo, run! The king of the court is coming for you!"

"Hinata, dummy."

"Oi, Tobio! Look, Izumi and Koji came to say hi!"

Kageyama turned to them with a stern look in his eyes. "Who are you, and what do you want with Shoyo?"

"What do WE want with Shoyo?? What do YOU want with Shoyo??"

"YEAH! What's your problem, stupidhead? Stop bullying our Shoyo!"

"Your Shoyo? Shoyo is mine."

"What."

Sugawara noticed Kageyama getting angry by the entrance, and talking to the two other kids he saw Hinata play with last year.

"Hey, Kageyama, stop getting jealous!"

"I AM NOT JEALOUS!"

"Hey! Shoyo, what's the king jelly over anyway? Did he finally realize your a better player than him?"

"Me? A better player? Pft- like I said when I texted you a couple of months ago, Tobio is a really good player."

"Hm. Okay, but why do you call him Tobio?"

"Whaa? Because he's my boy-"

"Oi, BOKE HINATA BOKE! Why are they here?!"

"Shesh, calm down! This is Izumi and Koji from my middle school, remember them? And Izumi and Koji, this is Kageyama! Do you remember playing against him last year?"

"Yeah.. we do, and he's such a bully! He was so rude to you, Shoyo!"

"Oh, well he's still kinda mean, but he's my partner now!"

"Part-"
"-ner?"

"As in volleyball or..."

 "HEY! Hinata, Kageyama, you guys can chat with the visitors after practice. Back to practicing the quicks!"

"Ok, captain! Watch, this is super cool!"

Izumi and Koji found their way to the benches to sit while practice was still running. They kept a close eye on Hinata, making sure he wasn't getting into any fights with Kageyama. To their surprise, however, they got along effortlessly, and as soon as they saw how happy Hinata looked after spiking one of the tosses from Kageyama, they re-thought their relationship. 

"Maybe they don't hate each other? They get along very well."

"Yeah, but the king is still so mean to our precious Shoyo-kun!"

"Yeah, but he also seems very protective over Hinata. You saw how he reacted when we were talking with Shoyo."

"True. And even if I don't completely understand what's so special about what they just did, I think it must take something special for those two to be able to pull it off."

"Fair point. And whenever the other people do that move, they always have their eyes open. Shoyo-kun shuts his, he must really trust the king."

From where they were sitting, they saw Kageyama reach out toward Hinata with a deadpan look. They instantly ready themselves to bark at him, but once his slender fingers are only clutching Hinata's vibrant hair, they ease their concerns.

"Fluffy.." Is what they heard Kageyama whisper, only barely audible and mainly understandable by reading his lips.

"The king sure has some kind of special attachment to Shoyo. I wouldn't have ever expected that."

Some time passed and practice turned into a 3 on 3 game, where it was Kageyama, Hinata, and Tanaka versus Daichi, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi on the other team. The rest of the team was split into other groups to do their own matches.

Hinata's team won. The bald one cheered. And Kageyama grabbed Hinata's face. And again, Izumi and Koji were ready to jump to action until he placed a soft kiss on Hinata's cheek.

"Oi, get a room!"

"Ack- but Tanaka-senpai, that's what Daichi-san and Suga-san always do when they win a game."

"Yeah! You and Ennoshita-senpai too!"

"Hey! Don't expose me like that!"

"Sorry, Tanaka-senpai!"

"That's right, who's your senpai?!"

"YOU!"

"Um," Izumi poked at Koji, "That one is kinda weird."

"Hey! Izumi, Koji! Practice is over, do you wanna go get ice cream with me and Tobio?"

"Sure.. and also.."

"You didn't tell us you were dating the king!"

"thE WHAT? DON'T CALL ME THAT!"

"Oh yeah, Tobio doesn't like to be called that. Just stick with Kageyama, kay?"

"Ok.. I guess? Let's go get ice cream now!"

x

Hinata, scared as ever, made his way to the Seijoh bathrooms before a practice match. He crossed his fingers he wouldn't run into any scary people or get into any fights, but alas it was only his luck that Kindachi and Kunimi also happened to be in the restrooms.

"Oh hey, it's Karasuno's number 10. Hey."

"Eep! Hello! Please don't hurt me!"

"Hurt you? Aaha, we're not like Kageyama. We won't hurt you."

"Like.. Kageyama? Oh!"

"Oh?"

"You're the other kids from Kitagawa first, you were in school with Tobio!"

"With.. Tobio?"

"Uh, yeah?"

"The king?"

"HEY!" Everyone turned their eyes to the entrance of the bathrooms where Kageyama was glaring at Kindaichi. 

"I told you not to call me that. I-"

"I'm not here to listen to you apologize, king. Me and Kindaichi have no intentions of returning the favor, either. We were just talking to poor Hinata here, who you probably are such a jerk to!"

"Yeah," Hinata giggled, "He is a jerk. But at least his tosses are-"

"The worst?"

"-the best?"

"What? Kageyama's tosses are so hard to catch, and he always blames us if we don't get it!"

"Huh? Kageyama's tosses are perfect. They fly perfectly right into my hand and then the ball goes woosh, and bam! It hits the other side of the court!"

Kageyama smirked at his previous teammates. "See? We're gonna beat you today, so be prepared!"

Once Karasuno's players were done and out of the bathroom, Kunimi and Kindaichi held puzzled expressions and gawked at the conversation they just held."

"Did he just.."

"Say we?"

"He's always been all 'Me!' and 'I can do it all by myself!'. And now he's got that little spiker..."

"He seems pretty fond of him too. Never thought anyone would have the king wrapped around their finger, especially not someone like Hinata. I suppose Oikawa-san was right."

"I guess so."

xxx 

so all the 'updated chapters' were just changing the names so the ship was in front of all of the titles, so pretty much just for aesthetics haha.