♡ daisuga - stop doordashing me cakes ♡

A knock on the door brought Daichi from the comforts of his couch. He wandered off to the entryway, opening the door and looking skeptically at the delivery person staring expectantly back at him.

"Daichi Sawamura?"

Daichi's eyebrows creased, but he nodded. "That would be me."

The delivery man extended his arms towards Daichi, motioning for him to take the plastic bag in his hands. "I have a delivery for you."

Daichi leaned against the doorframe, not accepting the bag. "Thanks, but I didn't order anything."

"Uh," the delivery man paused, "I was told to deliver this to this house, and uh, Daichi Sawamura. Which is you?"

With an unknowing frown, Daichi picked up the bag and pulled out a small white box. He shared an unknowing look with the delivery man before cautiously sliding the lid of the box to reveal a layered cake decorated in Karasuno colors.

In the center of the cake was a jersey with the number one on it, and a smiley face right under. "Who- Who sent this?"

The delivery person checked his phone momentarily, tapping quickly before finally settling to read a small piece of text. "Suga-wara Koushi. The delivery note says to deliver it here by 3pm and make sure to pick up the pre-ordered custom cake from the store."

"Right," Daichi started uneasily, "okay. Thanks, I suppose, I'll text him about it."

"Have a nice day!"

And with that, Daichi wished him the same and shut the door, and sauntered off to the kitchen. With a picture of the cake, Daichi sent:

Daichi: cake?

He waited for Suga's response as he fished through the silverware drawer for a clean fork and nearly broke a plate trying to get it from under the stacks of bowls. It wasn't long before his phone lit up and he returned to his seat to read his message.

Suga: yeah :D

Suga: do you like it !!??

Daichi hummed as he sliced a small piece of the cake, setting it on the plate and putting his feet up on the counter to get comfortable.

Daichi: of course <3

Daichi: it's very delicious, thank you

Suga: no problem :3 anytime!!!!!!!!!!

With no new texts coming through, he took a bite. It was rather good, he must admit, but it was an odd gesture coming from someone like Suga. He enjoyed it while he was eating, of course, but he couldn't help but feel like it was a pre-aplogy for something stupid Suga was planning.

He wasn't entirely sure when two days later, he received another knock on his door soon after he'd gotten home from afternoon practice. There, he found the same delivery guy holding a bag with a familiar shaped white box inside.

And, the box was given to him again and again from Sugawara. Opening the box this time, he found a plain white cake with a simple black "I" written in the center. He took another picture, sending it to his best friend again.

Daichi: another cake?

Suga: yes sir !

Daichi: I still haven't finished the last one haha

Suga: well get eating then /:D

Daichi chuckled, setting his phone down before pulling another slice from the previous cake. He figured since the cake was already almost gone by now, (having shared it with his family the previous night), he'd finish it off to leave some room in the fridge and hey, his family certainly wasn't complaining.

That is they weren't complaining until the fourth cake came along. This time the cake had just a big circle in the middle. Daichi guessed it was an "O" by the previous pattern of an "I" and a "L". He didn't understand it, he didn't question it, just set it in the fridge for his sister to get into.

A couple weeks passed and Daichi'd been keeping track of all the letters on the cakes. He'd gotten I, L, O, V, E, and Y so far and he was convinced it was a lack of random letters until the next day he got a cake with an "O" on it.

Words were spelling themselves out quickly, and he almost wasn't surprised when the following cake had a "U" on it. And the poor delivery guy Suga insisted on sending each time was always so awkward bringing the cakes to Diachi's door as they fell into a new routine.

The week after Daichi received a cake with a heart on it and he decided, reasonably, to smash his face into the center. He pulled out his phone, took a picture and sent it to Suga.

Daichi: ok please stop doordashing me cakes

Daichi: there's too many

Suga: let me think about it

Suga: i thought about it, and i decided no

Daichi: qnfdjflfe my fridge. So many cakes

The following (and final, thankfully)cake was much larger. It was several layers tall and decorated excessively. At the top, it read: wanna go on a date

Daichi sighed, half ready to shove his face into this one too.

Daichi: you could've put that on one cake the whole time

Suga: no that ruins the fun

Suga: but ?

Daichi: but yes, i'll go on a date with you

Suga: yay !!

Suga: so this new cake place opened downtown ;)

Daichi: no . no more cakes

Suga: haha

Suga: jk !! there is a pasta restaurant though ? !

Daichi: okay okay

Daichi: pasta sounds nice

Suga: and then we can go get cake after

/// finished :D 

ehehe i have an orchestra concert tonight :D wish me luck!! 

(i wrote this while i was waiting outside for a ride home in the 100+ heat wave weather we have here, im sorry if its a little messy haha)