❆ merry christmas, part 1 ❆

A collection of moments from couples' Christmases.

Featuring...

kagehina :

Hinata had always held a special fondness for the holiday season - be it the gifts under the tree, the festive decorations, Christmas cookies, or maybe even simply the delicate snow, something always brought a smile to his face this time of year.

This wasn't his first Christmas with Kageyama, no, they'd been celebrating together with the team since they were first years, and they planned to continue to hold that tradition, even as they are the third years now. This Christmas, however, was the first Christmas Kageyama's family invited him to join their celebrations.

Sitting at the Kageyama table Christmas evening, Hinata felt nothing but unease, wondering if he was overly-excited, and, you never know, his unimaginable amount of energy could be the deal breaker - it had been a drawback many people regarded as a bother when looking at Hinata.

"It's nice to see you again, Shoyo. How's your mother?"

Hinata's palms were upmost sweaty as he faced his boyfriend's mom, who had a pleasant smile on her face and a cup of coffee in her hand. "She's doing fine."

"And your darling little sister?"

Nodding, Hinata reached for his glass of water, fumbling with it in efforts not to spill everywhere and make an absolute fool of himself. "Natsu's doing fine too. She uh," Turning to Kageyama's older sister, he gave a nervous glance but eased a little when she only smiled in return. "She talks about Miwa-san a lot. She really liked that she had someone to paint her nails."

Miwa chuckled a little, fondly recalling the little girl Hinata had once brought over while meeting their family. "I'm glad to hear that."

Although it took some time, Hinata eased into conversation mostly with Kageyama's help, and dinner seemed less awkward. As always, Hinata dished tons of food, and the Kageyama's all giggled as Tobio did the same, making it seem as if whoever could eat more won some sort of competition. ("There you go, boys! Eat up, nobody eats them as leftovers and I don't want it to waste!)

Hinata almost didn't want to leave after dinner, he felt so at home and comfortable. But, in the end, he packed his bag and headed out the door, Kageyama trailing behind him in hopes that he would get a goodnight kiss on the cheek if they got a little alone time.

"Goodnight, Kageyama." On his tippy toes, Hinata pulled Kageyama down slightly so he could deliver a quick kiss on his cheek. "And, merry Christmas. Thanks for having me over."

"Yeah," Kageyama smiled, "Merry Christmas."

tsukiyama :

Tadashi had always ensured that the Yamaguchi family Christmas tree was absolutely gorgeous, covered top to bottom in matching strings of garland, colorful lights, candy canes, and of course, beautiful, hand-made ornaments he spent hours working on.

The ornaments were nothing to bat an eye at, too. Each and every one was skillfully crafted with glass, stained either golden or silver, and the most time-consuming part - carefully painted with tons of tiny yet beautiful designs he chose himself.

On the other hand, the Tsukishima family tree was covered in Akiteru's messily thrown on tinsel, half burnt out lights, and a plethora of cheap ornaments, paint even running thin on a few of them. There was all of that, and of course, towards the top, a collection of 8 beautiful handmade ornaments Tadashi had made.

It had become a tradition of sorts, Tadashi always gave his best friend, and, later in, boyfriend, a handmade ornament. The first one had a base his mother had made and somewhat messy paint in large patterns, still impressive for his age. As the years continued, the ornaments became more and more unique, the glass becoming shaped by Tadashi himself and the drawings covering the ball absolute masterpieces in themselves.