♡ happy birthday, tobio! ♡

One thing Kageyama loved about his birthday was the snow - ever since he was little he had always had a party at the ice skating rink, hot cocoa after, and making snowmen with his family.

His birthday parties had always been really small - only one year did he invite Kunimi and Kindaichi, but considering they weren't friends much of their last year in middle school, it was another year of just him and his family, not that he minded.

This year, however, he figured it wouldn't be too bad to invite his boyfriend, and maybe even a few more of his teammates. Of course, he was rather excited to hand Hinata an invitation after practice - and he was even more excited when Hinata agreed to attend.

"Tobio, I thought you said Shoyo would be here?"

Kageyama nodded, looking anxiously at the clock pointing to 3:15, 15 minutes after the party 'started'. "He, uh. He said he would."

Miwa nodded, also glancing at the clock before turning back to her brother. "I'm sure he'll come, maybe he's just running late. Have you texted him yet?"

Kageyama slowly shook his head, grabbing his phone from his pocket and punching in his code. "What do I say?"

Laughing, Miwa grabbed the phone. "You're so awkward, Tobio! Let's see.. I'd just ask where he was."

Kageyama took the phone back, sending the exact message his sister had suggested. It took another few minutes for his phone to ping again, Kageyama anxiously typing in his code again and pulling up their conversation.

shoyo : sorry kags !! im on my way ;)

shoyo : i promise i dindnt forget !!

you : ok.

Before Kageyama could return to his conversation with his sister, Sugawara set a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, Kageyama! Happy birthday!"

Kageyama nodded, switching off his phone and turning to his upperclassman. "Thank you, Suga-san."

Sugawara smiled momentarily before Miwa pulled him into conversation, dragging him away from Kageyama.

"I'm here!!"

Kageyama quickly turned to the door, Hinata standing in the entrance with a bag in his hands and panting slightly. "I'm.. here!"

With a smile on his face and trying to not look overly excited, Kageyama ran up to his boyfriend and gave him a tight hug. "You're here!!"

Hinata returned both the smile and the hug. "I'm here!!"

Miwa giggled from her spot farther away, looking fondly at her brother and his boyfriend's interaction. "He's so weird!"

From next to her, Sugawara laughed. "Both him and Hinata, definitely. I think that makes them perfect for each other."

Nodding, Miwa watched the two separate, Kageyama leading Hinata to the designated table for gifts than quickly to the skates. She watched him laugh about something Hinata was pouting about - knowing them, most likely how small the skates Hinata fit into were.

Kageyama grabbed Hinata's hand, the smaller wobbling on the ice a little. "Wah!! Careful Kageyama, I don't know how to do this!"

"It's easy, just hold my hand until you can do it on your own. Or, I mean," Kageyama turned his head aside, flushing slightly. "You could just hold my hand the whole time."

Hinata squeezed his hand, Kageyama turning to look at him and returning the smile Hinata had on his face. "I think I'll choose the second option, if that's okay with you."

Kageyama nodded, twirling Hinata around without letting him trip. He dipped Hinata, who smiled and flushed a little. "You're good at this."

"Thank you."

"Hey, Kageyama?"

"Yeah, Hinata?"

"Happy birthday!"

x finished

hi again :)