♡ sakuatsu - komori hates us, btw ♡

Sakusa was not really all too excited for Valentine's Day, as much as he loved his boyfriend.

Any occasion where gifts were generally given to friends, family, and lovers, he only ever got cleaning supplies. He didn't hate them, sure, a new mop was nice but his closet already had 3 others he never really used and what kind of gift was laundry detergent?

This year was probably set to be the exact same, another ton of cleaning supplies he didn't need nor have room for he'd have to most likely donate. He probably wouldn't have even agreed to go to MSBY's party unless Atsumu had practically begged him and Kotarou promised he'd get Keiji to bring his homemade pickled plums.

The Bokutos were generally pretty good with gifts, so long as Keiji was involved. Keiji was good at picking out candles for all of their friends and fancy teas as gifts. Hinata and Kageyama, on the other hand, (bless their hearts), weren't the best at gift giving. Last year he got a package of baby wipes and a bucket of bleach. It wasn't that he didn't spend any money on it, either, there was probably enough bleach to fill half a bathtub in that thing.

Hinata he could excuse at the very least seeing as he had gotten Kotarou a furby one year, (although Kotarou actually loved it and named it Fred, it stands to this day as his 'child'), so he figured that was just his way of doing things.

Aside from the few chocolates he got, it was generally all cleaning supplies. It's not that it was too bad, really, just that it seemed all anyone ever thought of him was for his mysophobia.

"Omi," Atsumu started, glancing briefly at his boyfriend before quickly returning his eyes to the road. "Somethin' wrong? Yer forehead's gone all wrinkly."

Sakusa sighed, adjusting himself in his seat. "No Miya, nothing is wrong."

Atsumu frowned at that. "Are, um, are you sure?"

With a light crease in his eyebrows, Sakusa thought through his previous mental conversation. He also knew he probably shouldn't have addressed his boyfriend in such a tone, although it came out in the moment and he was feeling increasingly bad about it as the seconds rolled on.

"Yeah, Atsumu, I'm fine. Thanks for asking."

Atsumu's expression clearly relaxed as he pulled into the parking lot.

~

"So you're telling me," Sakusa glared, "You brought a random guy off the street because you thought it was sad that I was single for Valentine's Day."

Kotarou and Hinata shook under the stare while Keiji shook his head in disapproval. "Well Omi," Sakusa's glare directed mainly to Kotarou momentarily, "I mean Sakusa-san, we were just trying to help!"

With a heavy sigh and a mental facepalm, Sakusa knit his eyebrows together. "What about Atsumu?"

"Oh yeah," Hinata pipped in, "I forgot about him!"

"Really feelin' the love, Shoyo-kun!"

Kotarou frowned at the disappointment on both his husband and Sakusa's face. "What if I'm not even single, Kotarou-kun, Hinata, neither of you asked."

Kageyama, who was awkwardly trying to start a conversation with Keiji behind them, turned to face Sakusa. "Yeah, Sakusa-san, I saw you buying chocolates earlier."

Atsumu's eyebrows raised as he glanced at Sakusa. "Chocolates, eh, Omi?"

The tips of Sakusa's ears turned red as he turned his attention back to the two bowing boys in front of him and the awkward standing stranger in the corner. "You may leave, I'm already taken." Kiyoomi paused for a moment, "Actually, you can stay since you got dragged into all this mess if you want cookies or something."

The stranger nodded awkwardly, grabbing a cookie off the table and sitting next to Keiji. "Uh, thanks."

"Wait!" Kotarou shouted, turning to the stranger. "What about 'Tsumu!"

"I'm also taken, Kotarou! Geez, you didn't ask me either!"

Kotarou groaned but nonetheless hung his head again, locking eyes dejectedly with Hinata while both facing the floor. "You never told us!"

"You never asked!"

"And I don't know where the bathroom is."

~

Somewhere along the way everyone had settled down into making Valentine's boxes so they could exchange cards like in elementary school.

Kotarou's was pink with Keiji and Fred drawn messily onto it, while Keiji's was also pink to match and with a somewhat neater drawing of him and his husband on the side. Kageyama's and Hinata's were both covered in volleyball stickers while the stranger drew cats on his while chatting about Fred with Kotarou.

Meian's was just plain white with heart stickers while the rest of the team and their Valentines were covered in hearts and stars, the regular Valentine box ideas. And then there was Atsumu and Sakusa's, which were plain white with half a heart drawn hugly on both so when they were put together they made a full heart.

They really weren't sure how the team hadn't noticed they were together yet but hey, it's all fine, right?

~

Atsumu had somehow convinced his boyfriend to post a picture of the celebration on Instagram, even if he really didn't see the need to.

It was a 5 slide post, the first 4 pictures of their boxes, the cookies, the party, and a selfie with the stranger, while the final slide was a picture of Atsumu giving him a kiss on the nose.

sakusakiyoomi: happy valentines or something like that <3

121,234 likes. 202 comments.

[pinned comment]

yourfriendkomori: i hate you guys

"By the way, Atsu," Sakusa smiled at his boyfriend, "Komori hates us."

"Hate us cause he ain't us!"

"Never say that again but yes, he's just a sorry single."

It was a miracle how somehow Kotarou and Hinata hadn't caught on yet, and it almost felt like a little game - how obvious could they be before they even started to get curious?

~finished. 

just a little all over the place but hey, it's still a oneshot! 

happy valentines again haha :)