♡ iwaoi - royalty ♡

"Tooru, it's your day."

"I guess it is."

"Why do you look so down, dear? You've been waiting for this day, we all have."

Tooru shuffled around in his throne, eyes glued to his high-end shoes and arms fastened tightly to his sides.

"I know."

"Then why?"

He lifted his gaze to meet his mothers. Her eyes held a curious spark and her eyebrows hung skeptically above her own pair of chocolate orbs.

 "I don't know. It's a big deal, isn't it?"

"Indeed. But you'll have your trusted knight there to help you through it all."

"I know, mom."

Even though they have 'known' each other since they were 13, neither OIkawa or his 'trusted knight' had ever seen or talked to each other about anything personal. It was reasonable, of course. Being born into a family of such royalty never was an easy thing.

 He couldn't show his face to anyone aside from his mother and father, (and in most cases his brother, although he had moved far away to marry a lovely princess.) At the age of 13, he was appointed a loyal knight, although he was required to wear a veil over his face whenever he was around anybody, since there had been events in the past where royalty's identity had been leaked and their lives put in danger.

 Oikawa didn't want to risk that, seeing as should someone see his face before the age of 18, he would not be allowed to leave the castle for a good number of years, and he wouldn't be able to go to school and see his beloved friends. So he kept his face well hidden - and evened his voice when talking to anybody because he just couldn't lose that.

He had never seen his knight either - it was strictly forbidden to keep the prince focused, considering Oikawa often got lost in thought staring at people here and there on the streets. That simply couldn't be an issue when he was still in high school, and his studies were crucial. 

Now, however, he's graduated from high school. Now, today, was July 20th, his 18th birthday. As of tradition, today he would get to see his knight's face and vice versa. He was nervous, the whole kingdom would know his identity from this day out.

 "It's a big deal, you're right. But you'll be fine."

"I know."

"Oh, dear. You're like a broken record. Hush now, your knight should be on his way now."

"I kn- Yeah."

His mother rubbed his hand reassuringly. He jumped in his spot when the doors opened and he frantically rushed to place the veil back on his face.

"Your majesty, we are ready to begin the ceremony."

"Of course!" His mom sang, clapping her hands together in delight.

"Uhm- My prince. I will be your loyal knight. I promise to protect you from all harm and continue to keep you happy and healthy for the rest of my days as you rule our kingdom."

The strong looking boy in front of him paused for a moment, hands lifting to his own covering and fumbling with the hem before continuing.

"And serve my einterty for the good of the kingdom, and most importantly, your health. I vow to never let personal issues fault you in anyway," He paused again, thinking remorsefully of a certain mop of chocolate hair, "No matter the personal importance, I will serve you loyally."

This was the big part. His thick fingers shakily removed the cloth, revealing his sharp eyes and thick eyebrows. "My - My name is Iwaizumi Hajime."

The whole room was silent until his mother cleared her throat.

"Yes, thank you Hajime dear. Tooru?"

"Too-ru..?"

"Um yes, mother! Hi, Iwa-chan, I mean - ugh. Haji-me?"

He said fumbling with his lengthy fingers trying to get the veil off. Out of all the possible scenarios he had played in his mind, this was far from even his wildest ideas.

"Loser..kawa? Oh- Oh my asahi! I mean- I mean prince!"

Oikawa's silky laughter echoed off the tall walls and everyone felt silent.