♡ iwaoi - is it bad to want attention from your boyfriend? ♡

don't be fooled, this is still pure fluff

Iwaizumi and Oikawa's relationship wasn't going negatively, or anything. It was just that - just that Iwaizumi wasn't good with feelings and didn't know when a joke had been taken too far.

"'Kawa, I can't hang out today. I have to study."

Oikawa gave him a pout, but Iwaizumi was too busy reading something on his phone. "But - Iwa-chan, you cancelled last week. And the week before!"

"I know, Stupidkawa. But there's a quiz on friday, remember?"

"Iwa-chan, there's a quiz every Friday."

Iwaizumi groaned. There was a math quiz every Friday, and they definitely didn't need an hour to study for each one. "I know, I know. But I have to pass, this is our last year in high school and grades are so important!"

"Are they more important than me?"

"What? No. But I can't completely ignore schoolwork just to spend time with you - that would be irresponsible."

Oikawa gripped his hair. "I know, I know - that's not what I'm asking. I'm just asking for a little time."

"Stupid, we spend pretty much the whole day together, we walk to and from school together, there's volleyball - we spend lots of time together."

'Stupid' Oikawa thought, 'That isn't hanging out.'

"Okay. I guess I'll go see what Mattsun and Makki are doing." 

"Oh - they're spying on Kunimi and Kindaichi's date."

"WHAT? And they didn't invite me?"

"No, stupid."

"Okay, okay, haha. I'll go call Sho-chan."

'And who is "Sho-chan"?' Iwaizumi thought, but didn't pay too much attention to it; his boyfriend had friends all over, so it wasn't too much of a surprise. He trusted his boyfriend, as he should.

x

"Sho-chan!"

"Great king!" 

The smaller of the two brought Oikawa into a hug. 

"So what's up? I thought you spent Wednesdays with Iwaizumi?"

Oikawa sighed. "He cancelled again." 

Shoyo gasped, bringing the other into a hug again. "How rude! Do you want to spend the day with me instead?"

"Don't you normally do extra volleyball with Tobio-chan in like, 15 minutes?"

Hinata smiled happily at him, squeezing tighter within the hug. "Not today! He has family in town, so he had to call it off for the day."

Oikawa returned the smile, happy to have someone who will spend time with him. "I see. Where do you wanna go?"

"Hm.. We could go shopping, the mall, downtown, a cafe, ..."

x

Iwaizumi started to get worried when his boyfriend hadn't been replying to his texts for over two hours. That was very unlike him, considering how he normally responded to him within mere seconds.

Me: im done studying

Me: you can come over now

Me: kawa?

Of course, Iwaizumi was a little disappointed because he had just finished all his work and now he couldn't seem to get his boyfriend's attention. 'Wow', he thought, 'I kinda feel a little bit bad - what kind of boyfriend am I? He's off with someone else right now, because I prioritize homework over him. Goodness, I'm such an idiot.'

Hajime hit his head on the desk repeatedly. He's cancelled so many of Oikawa's plans to study, and he had the audacity to tell him they spent plenty of time together. He hit his head again.

Smack.

He thought, and thought and thought. Thinking - 'What did Oikawa want to do today anyways? Was it a cafe date, or games?'

Smack.

Smack.

Smack.

'Stupid! He wanted to watch that Godzilla movie - stupid! Why did he want to watch Godzilla anyways? He doesn't like godzilla!'

Hajime furrowed his brows. He knew he was the reason Oikawa wanted to watch the movie. He was so, so stupid - and he had been calling Oikawa stupid, who would have thought.

x

♡ my babykawa ♡ : hey iwa-chan, sorry my phone died while i was out with sho-chan :(

♡ my babykawa ♡ : what's up?

Me: hey kawa, i finished. do you want to come over while n stay the night?

♡ my babykawa ♡ : of course! i rented that godzilla movie, wanna watch that?

Me: sure, i'll pop some popcorn.

♡ my babykawa♡ : be there in 10

Iwaizumi smiled at his phone. He had his chance to apologize.

x

By the time Oikawa arrived, Iwaizumi's room had all the pillows and blankets he could find layed out everywhere, popcorn popped and in a bowl on the bed, and purposefully set the sweater Oikawa always stole from him while he was there in plain sight.

"Iwa-chan! You really did set everything up, huh. Here," Oikawa fished around in his backpack for a smaller bag, handing it to Iwaizumi, "The movie, and a little something for you."

Iwaizumi dug through the bag, finding the DVD along with an engraved cuff bracelet, writing: i love you, iwa-chan. 

"'Kawa... when did you get this done?"

"When I went to the mall with Sho-chan today. Do you not like it?"

"No, no! I love it. I'm not one for jewelry, but I quite like this."

Oikawa smiled. "Good. I'm glad you like it." 

Iwaizumi was smiling too, but he felt a tear trickle down his cheek. "'Kawa... You did this for me? When I've been such a bad boyfriend lately?"

"You're not a bad boyfriend! Where did you get that idea?"

He squeezed Oikawa tight into a hug, crying into his chest. (this was especially fitting, considering hajime is just a little shorter than tooru.)

"I just.. I feel like I've failed as a boyfriend. I've failed you, Tooru. I've failed at being a good enough boyfriend and I - I just.."

Tooru lifted his boyfriend's chin up, kissing him gently on the lips. "Shh.. It's okay, Hajime. You've never failed me, you're here for me right now even. If anyone's failed as a boyfriend, it's me."

Hajime knit his eyebrows together in confusion. "How have you ever failed as a boyfriend?"

"I'm," Oikawa sighed, "I'm too clingy, and I take up too much time."

"No!" Hajime gasped, bringing Tooru's hands into his own. "You're not too clingy and I will always have time for you!"

Oikawa smiled. "I'm glad. You ready to watch the movie?"

 Hajime smiled back, wiping leftover tears from his eyes. "Yeah, you sure you wouldn't rather watch an alien documentary?"

 "Hajime, no! We're watching the Godzilla movie, I picked it out for you!"

 "Okay, but next time we're watching an alien movie." 

"Or we could watch more Godzilla movies..."

"Nope! Next time, it's an alien movie!"

xxx 

uhM-

sorry?? all i can think of at the moment is iwaoi?? do you guys want some like?? kagehina?? or daisuga?? or something??