♡ short bits ft. various ships ♡

!! just a small collection of short things i've written recently :)

(iwaoi) to be, or not to be

"Iwa-chan," Oikawa sang as he skipped into the room, "Thine boyfriend awaits thy love n' appreciation!"

Iwaizumi huffed as he flipped another page of the novel he was reading. "I told you earlier you're welcome to cuddle me whilst I read if you wish, but you ignored me."

"I don't want cuddles," Oikawa frowned, climbing into bed to cuddle his boyfriend, "I want attention."

Balancing the book in his opposite hand to allow Oikawa to get comfortable by his side, Iwaizumi rolled his eyes and flipped the page. "Unfortunately, darling, I've got other hobbies."

Oikawa glanced at the book in his boyfriend's hands. "The Great Gatsby is not a hobby."

Iwaizumi glared as he flipped another page. "The Great Gatsby isn't a hobby, reading is a hobby and if you'd like to join me I left my copy of The Fault in Our Stars on my dresser."

"You're impossible." Oikawa groaned, lazily grabbing his phone although he knew he wouldn't find anything new he hadn't seen since he checked 5 minutes ago. "I'm calling hamlet. He says 'To be, or not to be, that is the question.' I think he's referring to being boring or not."

Iwaizumi sighed as he flicked off Oikawa's phone which clearly showed a list of Top Hamlet Quotes. "Yeah, uh-huh, I think that part was about the miserable reality of humanity, but whatever."

"Speak to many. Listen to few. I don't know, I haven't read the book."

With a disappointed groan, Iwaizumi grabbed Hamlet off of his nightstand and threw it at Oikawa. "Listen to many, speak to few. We read this in class, Oikawa come on!"

"Spark notes is my best friend, Iwa-chan." Oikawa grinned as he flicked through the pages aimlessly. "I thought we've been over this."

"How are you even passing any classes?!"

"Spark notes, like I said."

(kagehina) your new boyfriend 
(this one was a test of 'the most dangerous writing app')

Hinata and Kageyama had very different music tastes, to say the leasts. It made car rides a headache of argument on who got to control the speakers.

Their solution was taking turns with who gets to play the music. It was Kageyama's idea, of course, although Hinata had no issue with it.

'Wouldn't It Be Nice' had just ended, (Kageyama's choice), and it was Hinata's turn to choose the song. Once again, he hooked his phone up to the speakers and played "Your New Boyfriend.

Kageyama facepalmed, glaring at his boyfriend. "Not again!"

Hinata grinned, banging his head excitedly. "Again, and again Kageyama-kun. Taking turns was your idea, and it's my turn to choose."

Kageyama sighed, rolling his eyes at hearing the same words for the millionth time that day, and in Hinata's singing voice:

"CAUSE HE'S IN YOUR BED, I'M IN YOUR TWITCH CHAT!! BUM! BUM! BUM! BUM! I GOT THE KEYS-"

This was going to be a long, long trip. 

(iwaoi) lost in a museum

"I get it but that doesn't change the fact that we're lost."

Iwaizumi groaned as he pushed through another hallway of crowds and paintings. While the sight was certainly beautiful, it also brought an unwanted feeling of busyness Iwaizumi didn't want to deal with. He clutched his phone in one hand, Oikawa's hand in the other giving him some sense of calm in the busy halls.

"I know, Iwa-chan," Oikawa sighed, "but it's still important."

They'd made reservations at dinner set to start in 30 minutes, while they were still wandering through the museum trying to find the way out. Oikawa couldn't help but feel that their pushing and shoving was useless in the event that they'd just get shoved right back by someone else trying to see a painting around the corner.

At least Oikawa could see easily over the crowds - Iwaizumi could not. It made the area feel all the more cornering and even harder to navigate out. "I think we've been here before."

Oikawa checked the wall nearby, finding a vibrant painting of a woman and children. "I think we have, but I think we're close to the exit."

Iwaizumi squinted at the crowds ahead. For all he could see past the annoyingly tall person blocking his view, there were just more and more people. They'd been in the crowd for at least 50 minutes now, staring at the same pictures and sculptures just trying to get past the people trying to get in.

"It's busy." Iwaizumi frowned, unhelpfully. "It's really, really busy."

With a simple nod, Oikawa brought Iwaizumi closer. "I'm aware."

Iwaizumi checked the time on his phone. 4:15. They could still make it, Iwaizumi hoped. Oikawa seemed unbothered, although Iwaizumi was certain it was from exhaustion and from years of knowing his boyfriend, he'd known it took a lot of energy for Oikawa to display his emotions on his face.

5 minutes, Iwaizumi thought, 5 minutes and we'll be out. That's what he'd been thinking the past several minutes, of course, and there was still stuck in the crowded hall of sweaty people.

"I think there's a path out," Oikawa pointed out, "just past the kids over there. We'll have to run for it since it looks like more people are filling the area in."

"I've never been more ready to run in my life."

Oikawa nodded, and before Iwaizumi could process entirely what was happening, Oikawa had his hand held tighter than before and was practically dragging him to the exit. Iwaizumi tripped over himself a few times before balancing his feet on the ground enough to hold himself up and get out. Oikawa's hand was cold, and it'd surprised Iwaizumi as his own were sweaty beyond compare and it probably wasn't a pleasant feeling to hold his hand at that moment, but Oikawa didn't seem to mind.

It seemed that even when he was tired and worn, Iwaizumi could still point out all the sweet things he adored about Oikawa, and Oikawa seemed to tolerate him whenever - it seemed perfect. It was perfect, Iwaizumi would say, in a not-so-perfect way he enjoyed so very much. 

(a small bit from something i'm working on!) 

"Osamu," he'd asked, "what's up with your brother?"

Osamu scowled, turning away from Suna. "Why do you want to know?"

"You know why."

"I don't know," Osamu rolled his eyes, "ask him. He's ignoring me."

"Osamu, I saw him try and offer you a water bottle today at practice. He's not ignoring you."

Osamu scoffed. "It's - It's none of your business."

....

that's all i have for now! my apologies if it's all over the place, i copy/pasted each one from a separate document and it got kind of confusing :)

i'm not sure when i'll finish the osasuna i mentioned, and there may/may not be another chapter between now and then since sometimes longer, more serious ones require writing breaks haha. thanks much for being alive and have a good night ♡