❆ semishira - oh what to get you ❆

Bags heavy in his hands, Semi wandered store-to-store, growing ever tired with no luck in finding a gift for his boyfriend.

See, Shirabu was difficult to shop for. And Semi's hands were getting awfully tired of holding the weighty bags packed with all the gifts for people he didn't find it difficult to shop for. Namely, everyone but Shirabu.

He sighed as he reached Hot Topic for the third time, mentally preparing himself for the blistering headache that was sure to come from the tumultuous chaos inside the store. The first step in gave him the urge to do nothing more but rush out and give in, trying again yet another day.

But Semi was going to be strong this time, he had to, seeing as their holiday gift exchange was no more than two days away - not enough time to order anything and certainly not enough time to try again another day.

Leaving Hot Topic minutes later, Semi was sure the thirty minutes he had spent in there took 10 years at the very least off his lifespan. He groaned, slouching down on a mall bench. He'd checked every store a few times, every store but a few that is. Of course, he didn't dare enter Victoria Secret and didn't expect much luck in a jewelry shop.

He didn't have a choice at this point though, even if he was sure checking the jewelry shop would lead to nothing but another waste of twenty minutes, it would be a waste of twenty minutes somewhere quiet.

Browsing the options, Semi stared at the rings. He wondered which ones Shirabu would like, even if engagement wasn't a plan of his anytime soon. Definitely not something flashy, but not just a simple band either. Oh, and definitely silver with black decorations - it oddly happened to be Shirabu's favorite color combination.

"Can I help you find anything special today?"

Semi titled his head to find a lovely lady wearing a logo shirt on the other side of the display case. "Uh, sorry ma'am, I'm just looking for a gift for my boyfriend."

She raised her eyebrows, glancing at the case full of rings. "Pardon me, but aren't you a little young to be looking for rings?"

Cheeks flushing just slightly, Semi raised a hand to the back of his head. "Oh, no I'm not looking for an engagement ring. They're just very pretty, they caught my eyes."

The lady nodded, motioning for Semi to follow her to a separate section of the store where several pendant necklaces were on display. "Might I suggest one of these?"

Semi examined the displays, finding many types of necklaces, all much too flashy for Shirabu's taste. Although, one caught his eye - a silver locket, in the shape of a heart with a black clasp attached to the end. "May I ask the price of this one?" 

The lady looked fondly at the silver accessory the boy was pointing at. "A locket, huh? Those are forty dollars each, half off if you buy three."

Semi nodded, momentarily contemplating. "I think I'll go with it, let me uh," Semi set his bags down, fumbling through his pockets to find his wallet, grabbing a fifty dollar bill and handing it over. "Here. And would you add a tube of wrapping paper?"

Leading Semi to the counter, she tapped the register in a hasty fashion, setting the necklace into a box and then a bag, accompanied by a small tube of silver wrapping paper. "Thank you for shopping, have a great day."

Semi returned a smile, walking out of the store and somehow feeling as if the bags had reduced by half in weight as he brought them to his car.

Next was wrapping, Semi's personal favorite aspect. He was rather skilled with the encasing, having spent many hours volunteering at kid's camps and always getting stuck on wrapping duty, not that he minded.

The pile he set was a gorgeous set of matching gifts, all wrapped in kraft paper and red ribbon, minus a singular small box wrapped in silver with a black ribbon for Shirabu. Tied to each box was a handmade gift tag, written in his best writing. 

He gleefully examined the gifts, they were picture perfect. This was the hard part - getting them all into the way too small bag to simplify means of transporting his gifts without completely ruining his decorative masterpieces.

The day of the celebration came, and he wasted no time at all in checking, double checking, and check a third time to make sure everything was in order as he headed out the door, ten minutes early but still in a rush.

The first person he spotted in the clubroom was Tendo, who was stealing a few snacks off the table whilst Wakatoshi finished setting up a table. He waved, setting his gifts out in order of the seating chart he had helped design a few days prior, his seat next to both Shirabu and Tendo.

Shirabu, unsurprisingly, was the last person to arrive, several gift bags dangling off his arms as he set everything out and found his seat next to his boyfriend, glaring at Tendo who sat on the opposite side.

Tendo noticed of course, giggling as he was shot daggers while patting Shirabu's head. "Hey, hey! Shirabu-kun decided to show up after all!" 

Not bothering to reply, Shirabu held his glare even until Semi poked him. "Where's my greeting, Kenjiro? What am I, chop liver?"

Momentarily pausing his glare to give Semi a quick kiss on the cheek. "Much better."

Shirabu nodded, returning his scowl to Tendo, who was trying his best not to absolutely lose it. Before Tendo had the chance to say any snarky remark, his own boyfriend announced it was time to start opening gifts.

Shirabu started with Semi's gift, carefully untying the black ribbon and setting it aside as he cautiously peeled the silver paper away from the box, ripping not even a small tear. He examined the box, noting the weight for small size. Gently prying off the lid, he overserved the contents.

Anyone within a foot of Semi would be able to feel the anxiousness radiating off of him as Shirabu looked inside the box, pulling out the locket. "Do you, uh. Do you like it?"

Shirabu quirked an eyebrow at him, slipping it over his head and letting it fall onto his neck after trying his best not to smile at the picture of their first date inside the heart shape. "No, it's atrocious."

Semi sighed. "Yeah, I figured it was kinda a long shot. I can-"

"No, Eita I was joking. I love it."

Semi gave him a warm smile and a light squeeze. "I'm glad then."

Shirabu nudged the bag he had set down closer to his boyfriend, encouraging him to open it. Semi did, eyes widening as he looked between the box and Shirabu. "You didn't..."

In his hands was a microphone he'd been looking at for a while. It even happened to be the copper colored variation, his favorite, and possibly the most limited assortment. (perhaps it was his favorite because it reminded him of his boyfriend, but that's a story for another day.) "You do realize that by getting me this, you're signing yourself up for me playing for you every time you come over, right?"

Shirabu smiled, lightly punching his boyfriend. "I'll hold you to that." 

x finished

hehe i rewrote this at one am ish, the original one was chaos and there was a part where tendo got shirabu platforms and shirabu had a list of people who he wanted to shave bald