♡ iwaoi - you are an angle. ♡

Curiously, Iwaizumi stared at the boy sitting next to him. His hair was messily strewn across the top of his head, but little Iwaizumi found it charming as his too was a mess from hours of playing without mind to it.

The boy turned and met his eyes, and he stared back.

And he hiccuped after a few seconds, tilting his head at Iwaizumi. "Hi! Wanna be my friend?"

Iwaizumi, in his wide kindergarten vocabulary, came up with, "Eggs."

Four-year-old Oikawa thought this must've been the funniest thing ever, and he burst into a fit of giggles. "I'm not an egg!!"

Iwaizumi nodded, poking Oikawa's cheek. "You're a human I think."

With a wide grin, Oikawa puffed his chest proudly. "Big sis says I'm a superstar sometimes. I think I'm actually maybe a star!"

"Wow," Iwaizumi gaped, "That's so cool! I wish I was a star."

"Well you know when boys marry queens they become kings?"

Iwaizumi shook his head, placing his hands on his knees and looking patiently at Oikawa. "Mhm.."

"So maybe if you marry me," Oikawa made a failed attempt at winking, "That'll make you a planet or something!"

"A planet.." Little Iwaizumi hummed, thinking it through. "That's a good idea!"

Iwaizumi wished he would've asked the boy's name when his mother asked if he made any friends. He only could say, "No mom, I met a star today! He was super pretty." when she asked. And unfortunately, Oikawa wasn't there the rest of the week for him to ask.

Being little with a busy mind, Iwaizumi didn't pay much mind to it after a few days. The other kids were cool, he talked to them a little, but most of the rest of them wanted to practice writing with the teacher over playing with him.

Oikawa was back within a week, a light pink dusting his sun stained cheeks. He ran over to Iwaizumi who was writing with the other kids out of pure boredom, and gave him a big hug.

"Planet-chan!" He happily sang, poking Iwaizumi's nose with a laugh. "Did my husband misssss me?"

Yes, Iwaizumi certainly did, but his pride seemed to have developed at a young age. "You wish I did! Where were you?"

"America," Oikawa grinned, "On vacation since mama had a biiiiiig meeting there and couldn't find a babysitter for me."

"America?" Iwaizumi questioned, dropping his crayon in confusion. "What's America?"

"It's like," Oikawa thought, "I don't know. But we had to fly to get there and it was really hot."

He can fly? Little Iwaizumi questioned, wondering how Oikawa flew somewhere. "Did you make any friends?"

Oikawa could see the tints of jealousy in Iwaizumi's face, and he shook his head. "No. They all talked all weird and kept saying 'hey'."

"Weird."

Oikawa nodded his head, but when he realised Iwaizumi had kinda zoned out, he pinched his arm. "Planet-chan, come onnnnnn!"

"Come where, and ouch," Iwaizumi grumbled, rubbing his sore arm, "and my name isn't actually planet-chan. I'm a boy."

"Yeah but you never told me your name!" Oikawa frowned.

"I'm Iwaizumi."

Oikawa blinked at him. "You want zumi? What's zumi?"

"That's my name, idiot!" Iwaizumi huffed, putting his hands on his hips. "I-wa-zumi!"

"That's too long."

Iwaizumi glared at Oikawa. "I can't do anything about that!"

"Fine," Oikawa's wink had slightly improved but not by much, "Iwa-chan!"

~

Kindergarten drawled on, excitingly fast and they quickly found themselves in first grade.

Drama had also entered their lives, and so had the small idea of what a relationship was. Iwaizumi noticed how all the girls wanted to play with Oikawa and wanted to sit next to him at lunch. Iwaizumi wasn't sure why, but he was sure that it bothered him immensely and he may or may not have made a few classmates cry.

Oikawa was never mad at him though, even when he did something wrong or (heaven forbid) he ate the last of Oikawa's milk bread he'd made with his sister. Oikawa seemed just happy to be his friend, and Iwaizumi would be lying if he said he wasn't happy to be Oikawa's friend.

Still - Iwaizumi couldn't quite understand what it was about Oikawa that was so wonderful. He could say it was all of it as a fair conclusion, but even Oikawa had his flaws with his tendencies to watch alien documentaries until late at night and nearly pass out by lunch.

So what was it? Why did he like Oikawa's everything so much?

He'd remembered his dad calling his mom and "angel" one night when he found them in the kitchen making banana bread together one morning. He'd asked them what it meant, and with a smile his mom told him it was someone who had wings and worked as a messenger for someone big.

He asked why his dad had called his mom that, seeing as she had no wings. His dad had said it was a way he said he loved her, since she was as important to him as an angel.

Oh - so that's what's so special about Oikawa, maybe.

~

Iwaizumi was often told his handwriting was nice, although not nearly as often as Oikawa whose letters looked like a big kid's. Still, his was quite legible for a 7-year-old.

He'd written a note, giving it to Oikawa at recess. Oikawa read it, tilting his head at Iwaizumi. "Iwa-chan, I'm a star remember? I think that means I can make con-sto-lay-tions but I don't know what angle they are."

Iwaizumi furrowed his eyebrows, snatching the note back from Oikawa's hands. "What? I told you that you are a angel?"

"An angel, Iwa-chan, and you spelled it wrong. Still, I'm a star!"

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes. "No, dad says you can call important people an angel. That's what he calls mom and they're married and we're also married so I get to call you an angel."

"Okay," Oikawa nodded, "Can I call you angel then?"

"No! You can only call me Iwa-chan."

"...aw..."

"....fine."

~ completed ~

ah! as you can guess, high school is busy and i just switched to in person so my time is very limited!!

for now though, here's just a somewhat short iwaoi child thing while i work and attempt to finish a half written osasuna :)