♡ daisuga - pick up lines ♡

“Hey Suga. If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put ‘U’ and ‘I’ together.”

“Daichi, what the hell is that supposed to mean?!”

“Nothing. I just wish I was cross eyed so I could see two of you.”

“What?”

“Oh, it’s a good thing I have my library card, because I’m totally checking you out.”

“Somebody should call God, I think he’s missing an angel.”

“Do you have a map? I keep getting lost in your eyes.”

Sugawara was definitely flushed by now. He was pink from his nose to his ears, and his eyes were on anything but Daichi.

“Are you a bank loan? Because you-”

“Daichi Sawamura, that is enough!”

Daichi grinned evilly, and gave a small ‘hehe’ that sounded way too adorable.

“What’s wrong, Su-ga-wa-ra Kou-shi?”

He continued his smug look for about 3 seconds before he dashed away in fear. Knowing Sugawara, Daichi was never going to hear the end of this, if he even got to see it. He made the mistake of looking behind him and saw his best friend, (more like a crush since they were first years), running toward him at an alarming speed, his face still red as a tomato.

In his time of glancing back, he managed to trip on a rock that happened to be conveniently placed right in his way. He fell, although he thankfully caught himself with his hands. It was still too late, however, and Sugawara was approaching him with a light jog, an unsettling smile resting on his perfect features.

“Ow, ow!”

Daichi knew that the next few words would be his last, so he wrote a will in the dirt with his finger while making eye contact with Sugawara.

“Daichi, what’s wrong? Are you okay? Did you fall?”

Sugawara’s unease completely vanished and he was only concerned about his friend at the moment. So kind, so perfect.

“Um, Suga? Do you have a bandaid?”

Sugawara instantly began reaching into his pockets, being the mom friend he was, he probably had a whole box of bandaids in there. Daichi took a deep breath, mentally and physically preparing himself to run away as fast as he could.

“I think I may have scraped my knee falling for you.”

Sugawara stood there for a moment, frozen in shock. Daichi didn’t know if this was a good time to leave or if he should stick around, and in the time it took him to decide, Sugawara seemed to have regained his thoughts.

“Daichi.”

Said boy gulped, Sugawara was way too calm about this.

“Yes, angel?”

“I’ll give you 3 seconds to run.”

“That’s so funny. That’s the same amount of time it took for me to fall for you when I first saw you!”

“I take it back. I’m coming for you now.”

Daichi yelped. As fast as he ran, he could never rival Sugawara in speed. Not only that, but he was also at the disadvantage of starting on the ground, only 3 feet away from Sugawara.

It was only a matter of seconds before Sugawara had caught Daichi in an enormous hug from behind.

“Suga?”

“Oh, Daichi. That was awfully sweet of you. But..”

“But?”

Daichi was truly petrified now. Maybe Sugawara didn’t feel the same for him. That would be a painful death both mentally and physically.

“But.”

At that moment, Sugawara flipped him backward and onto the dirt path beneath them.

“But never, ever embarrass me in public again.”

Daichi swallowed the lump in his throat. He wasn’t going to die today, and Sugawara maybe even accepted the compliments. Even if he wasn’t dead, he still had been thrown down pretty harsh and had an awful ache all over his body.

“Hehe. Maybe I threw you a little too harshly? I’m sorry Daichi. Let’s get you to the nurse and get you some ice so you’re feeling better for our date tonight.”

“Yeah thanks Suga. Wait..”

“Hehe!”

“I- Uh, Okay! Yes mom, I mean, Suga. Date you said?”

“Mhm. Tonight after practice? There’s the new cafe down the street, if it’s okay with you of course.”

Daichi grinned, momentarily forgetting all his pain.

“Sure, I’m down.”

“Oh, and Daichi?”

“Yes, Suga?”

“Are you Karasuno’s captain?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Because you’re my number one.”