♡ tsukiyama - rain, rain, go away ♡

Tadashi would be lying if he said he hated the rain. Truly, it was one of his favorite parts about spring.

Kei, on the other hand, absolutely despised it.

He couldn't figure out why his boyfriend loved it so much, it was just water, the most boring, everyday thing there was. Yet despite that, Tadashi always dragged him out to stomp in muddy puddles and count the raindrops he could catch on his tongue.

Even if Kei didn't like the rain much, that didn't mean he hated going on rainy walks with Tadashi. He made it tolerable, and, dare he say it, almost fun.

Kei adored the way Tadashi's hair stuck in every direction when it got wet, and the way he stuck his tongue out and danced around in attempts to catch as many raindrops as he could on his tongue, every once in a while crying out when one landed in his eyes.

That part was okay, sure. The part Kei found absolutely not okay was the way mud splashed on him and covered his glasses, blocking his vision. It was even more upsetting considering Tadashi had been the one to cause it, and after Kei wiped the mud off, he found Tadashi's grinning face daring him to splash back.

"Oh it's on," he grinned as he splashed back, effectively coating his boyfriend in mud.

When Tadashi splashed him back, it was enough to get a bit stuck in his hair, and Kei frowned at the cold feeling, but nonetheless returned a splash that got several pieces of mud stuck in his boyfriend's hair.

Tadashi spit, chunks of mud flying out of his mouth as he gagged at the taste. "Tsukki!" He hollered, "You got some in my mouth, gross!"

Poor Kei was too busy laughing to close his own mouth in time for another bit of mud to find its way into his mouth. He too urgently spit it out, cringing at the taste. "What- Ew, Tadashi!"

"Payback."

Kei frowned before grabbing a chunk of mud from his hair and smearing it all over Tadashi's face who shivered at the cold of it. "Have a mud mask."

Tadashi's efforts to wipe it off just ended in it being scattered even more around his face, some areas drying quickly and sticking. "Ewww! Tsukki, this is disgusting, it won't come off!"

"Shouldn't have splashed me."

"You're so mean. If I have to suffer with this," Tadashi reached up, "you do too!"

To say the least, Tadashi's mom wasn't the most pleased to find the boys both covered head-to-toe in mud on her porch. She'd shook her head, sighed, and hosed them down and made sure they'd completely dried off before running a bath for them.

Thankfully, the bathtub was rather large so they could sit on opposite ends comfortably while Tadashi's mom had made them wear swim trunks and had them each swear to stay on opposite sides of the tub until they were finished.

Tadashi rolled his eyes, claiming they hadn't even thought of anything of the sort until she brought it up, but agreed regardless and changed into his swimsuit and slipped into the tub opposite of his boyfriend.

Bath time was short, both boys thoroughly exhausted and ready to just lay on the bed, cuddled up and watch some random movie.

The cold they had the next day was worth it, even if the medicine tasted bitter. It might not be something Kei would do again by his own accord, but if Tadashi happened to invite him on a walk again next time it rained, well...

He'd consider going. 

~

While hanging out in the car wasn't the most comfortable thing, it was the most comfortable in the terms of places they could be away from things Oikawa must be away from. 

Iwaizumi, poor Iwaizumi, thought parking the car at a park to use the bathroom would be safe, leaving nothing but a bag of chips in the car for Oikawa while he was out. 

He came back, however, to find the only thing remaining of his front tires being a small piece of rubber with bite marks on it, which Oikawa swallowed in one bite. 

"Iwa-chan. I just ate your tires." 

~ finished :D 

ebrakpehka; i have a bag of 400 suckers. yum